The metro tonight

I always walk and use the train now, after trying to drive, use the bus and tram, it's the easiest and probably not the slowest option. Takes about 30 minutes to walk to Oxford Road with a child, so hardly rushing.

The whole system is grinding to halt, roads shit, trams shit, buses stuck in traffic, trains packed, little cycling provision. It's all well and good building and expanding houses and offices, but no fucker will be able to get them before long.

It needs a massive rethink as it's nowhere near fit for where Manchester wants to be. I'm lucky that I travel mainly out of peak, but for those who do, every day, Jesus, good luck to you. Some roads closed for 3 years, 3 fucking years and when that's done they'll more than likely dig another up.

I only use it on match days and thought it was alright but it's when you go away somewhere like Germany and realise just how terrible out transport network is. I was in Hamburg this weekend and it's so easy to get around using public transport. We need massive investment in our network if we want people to leave their cars at home.

The trams need to run to a set timetable for a start. All this 'tram every 6 minutes ' is a load of bollocks!
If you knew what time trams left certain stops for which destinations, then you could plan your journey much better .
The operators may grumble and say it's too difficult - but they manage to do it with the buses ffs.

You can usually work it out from the first / last tram times

TfGM have announced that the direct route from Etihad to/from Altrincham will be restarted once the second city crossing opens in a few weeks time.
Might be useful news for a good number of blues like myself from Sale, Timperley, Altrincham...

The trams need to run to a set timetable for a start. All this 'tram every 6 minutes ' is a load of bollocks!
If you knew what time trams left certain stops for which destinations, then you could plan your journey much better .
The operators may grumble and say it's too difficult - but they manage to do it with the buses ffs.

Quite!
I just had a few days in Venice.
Even they can get the waterbuses to arrive when the timetable says they will!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.