Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 19 Jul 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karen7

karen7

No Vincent Kompany against Stoke. He is "much much better" according to Pep, but still not ready to return to action.

2. bellsouth

bellsouth

I love Vinnie, and really hope he can get a long run injury free in the next couple of years, but I just can't see it. Every time he's out its weeks and weeks.

3. karen7

karen7

Luckily we are doing ok without him,we don't depend on him anymore

4. Rolee

Rolee

That over reliance has undermined us for three years now, it's about time it was resolved.

5. charlie9872

charlie9872

It's extremely important we get another dependable, quality CB next summer, or even better, in January. Get rid of Mangala and then keep Vinny around as '4th choice', in a sense. Obviously if he's fit and firing he's one of the first names on the team sheet, however, that's not a common occurrence nowadays and he just cannot be relied upon. Having someone of Vinny's quality as a backup option will be massive, assuming we have another solid option to use in conjunction with this.

6. toffee balls

toffee balls

It feels a bit like it was for Camel gob to be honest.
    Everybody knows this is chronic.

7. blue61

blue61

I think this is Vinnie's last playing season with us as I can't see Pep having any sympathy as he needs a full squad he can rely on week in week out. You will always get the Mendy/Gundo situation but unfortunately Vinnie is chronic. It must be on his mind every time he plays. When he has played this year he seems to have lost his sharpness which is to be expected.

It is such a shame as for me he has been the best centre-half I have seen play for City and that includes Doyle/Watson who were immense. I am expecting 2 new CBs over the coming window as Mangala looks very much surplus to requirements.

It would be brilliant if Vinnie stayed on in some capacity, he is very intelligent and I wouldn't be surprised if he became a very good manager one day.

8. Dax777

Dax777

Kompany is fine. We just need a ball playing Serviceable backup to our 3 starters. This was why I suggested Vlad Chiriches very early on in the summer.

9. bobom

bobom

If there one thing you want your fourth choice player to be it's available as much as possible for when you might need him. No point in VK as fourth choice.

10. mavsmcfc

mavsmcfc

Vinnie’s last game was August 31st. What was supposed to be just a knock has made him miss almost 2 months of action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.