Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinnie’s last game was August 31st. What was supposed to be just a knock has made him miss almost 2 months of action.

Was thinking the same, its already 6 matches missed and no matter how hard he works to get fit, nor how much we all want him to be injury free, its gone on so long now, he/the club must be close to calling it a day.
January looks like being mostly about Sanchez and a LB but next summer the priority has to be to sort out the CB position and Vinnie's future. I for one hopes he gets his badges and works with the youth or with Vieira in NY, and fast track to management

I just don't understand his injuries though. If it were joint, ligament or tendon problems... i'd fully understand, those 3 things can be super complicated to correct.. but it's not, it's always, always muscular. It seems to me as though somewhere, something key and fundamental about how his body chooses to move is wrong. It's as though his body is just super compensating all the time through his calf. Something in his rehab is wrong somewhere, the medical staff must be pulling their hair out trying to unravel the problem. I feel for them all, poor bastards!

I love him and a fully fit VK is still the best CB in the league for me but I think its getting close to the time where one way or another the club will call time on him. I just don't see Pep hanging around for him.

I love him and a fully fit VK is still the best CB in the league for me but I think its getting close to the time where one way or another the club will call time on him. I just don't see Pep hanging around for him.

Problem is he hasn't been fit for 3 seasons almost... nobody questions the guy and what he has done for this club, he rightly sits on a perch with silva, yaya, kun and zab, sadly his body just isn't up to it anymore.. I personally don't think he should be coming back in regardless, it sends the wrong message to both stones and otamendi, they rightly hold the shirts, we are finding consistency in the pairing and this shouldn't be compromised for 4/5 games stints!!

Problem is he hasn't been fit for 3 seasons almost... nobody questions the guy and what he has done for this club, he rightly sits on a perch with silva, yaya, kun and zab, sadly his body just isn't up to it anymore.. I personally don't think he should be coming back in regardless, it sends the wrong message to both stones and otamendi, they rightly hold the shirts, we are finding consistency in the pairing and this shouldn't be compromised for 4/5 games stints!!

Agreed, the insistence on playing Kompany when fit over the last three seasons has undermined our defence through adversely affecting our other centre backs in trying to settle. The fact that Otter and Stones have formed an understanding with each other is every bit as important to our prospects as our new full backs are or Ederson is.

Vinny is a world class (when he fit), international match is a "karma" for him. retire from international after WC 2018 could be the best choice for him..

I just don't understand his injuries though. If it were joint, ligament or tendon problems... i'd fully understand, those 3 things can be super complicated to correct.. but it's not, it's always, always muscular. It seems to me as though somewhere, something key and fundamental about how his body chooses to move is wrong. It's as though his body is just super compensating all the time through his calf. Something in his rehab is wrong somewhere, the medical staff must be pulling their hair out trying to unravel the problem. I feel for them all, poor bastards!
I think previously it's been said that it's scar tissue due to repetitive injuries. As it builds up , because it is less flexible , you are more likely to get a repeat of the injury. Don't know if there is any reliable treatment for it when you consider the forces professional athletes put on their muscles.
As much as it pains me to say it I can see him gone in the Summer maybe to a bit less demanding league or even hanging his boots up :-(

What’s annoying is him playing meaningless internationals for the full 90 minutes when he’s been asked not to. Why hasn’t he learned from the past? This injury could have been avoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.