Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think VK is ready to play, I assume he'll start v Chelsea if required. just think Pep is punishing him for playing for Belgium in meaningless game. Vincent probably told staff he was ready to play 2 games ago, but think the club will enforce rest and ask the player to let then decide on his condition rather than self-declaring fitness which he's done in the past.

To me the solution to this is simple - he needs to stop playing for Belgium period.

Something has happened. September 15th city uploaded 2 vids, in one Kompany can be seen training, doing the sprints etc. In the other Pep says "Vincent can play in the next few days". Fast forward to the Shaktar preview, and when asked about Vinny, Pep says "he's not ready".

I think VK is ready to play, I assume he'll start v Chelsea if required. just think Pep is punishing him for playing for Belgium in meaningless game. Vincent probably told staff he was ready to play 2 games ago, but think the club will enforce rest and ask the player to let then decide on his condition rather than self-declaring fitness which he's done in the past.
How many times has he done this though? Played for meaningless international games and picked up senseless injury? You'd think he'd have learned by now, you really would.

Playing for Belgium may not help, but stopping playing isn't a solution if it's a weakness that can't be fixed he'll still break down.

Yeah good point. Just seems to happen a lot when he's on international duty. To be fair he wants to do well for club and country and be committed but sooner or later he has to manage himself better I guess.

Just seems to happen a lot when he's on international duty.
It does seem that way, but I would be interested to see how many times it's happened when away with Belgium compared to when he's been with us. I don't know but I suspect it doesn't happen with Belgium as much as we think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.