watching on tv.

The commentary was good in comparison to that c unt chris Sutton, my blood was boiling. He was the most ignorant openly bias fecker I've ever heard, even Lineker tried to reign him in by trying to balance with some moderate city praise. He was aggressive, looked high and did most of the talking. Absolutely disgaceful.

This.
McMannaman was supporting the underdog, but I wasn't that offended by him. He was no Danny Mills or Tyler.
Sutton though is a pub thug. You're dead right that Lineker sometimes was clearly embarrassed and pushed the conversation to Dunne. unfortunately Dunne is quietly spoken and got talked down by the monologue merchants next to him.

I didn't think McManaman was that bad, not that I was paying him much attention. He seemed full of praise for Sterling though and rightly pointed out their first goal was offside. He wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst we've had by any stretch.

All fans seemingly think commentators are biased against their team:
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/09/...cmanamans-commentary-on-manchester-city-game/

Sutton, on the other hand, is an absolute weapon. Even Lineker seemed embarrassed by him.

The BT coverage was as bad as ever. McPointy couldn't hide his support for Celtic throughout, openly willing them to score or hold on. The main commentator got excited when Celtic had a move and was subdued when we attacked. Sutton is vile. Ferdinand is thick. Dunne seemed subdued.

BT when threatened by City fans cancelling their subscriptions, seemed to have 2 matches where they didn't treat us with contempt.

The Celtic match was "normal service resumed". A disgrace.

theres a reason a "Mute" button exists and it gets pressed by me everytime I watch BiasTelecom Sports

Can remember the bias it was ridiculous, it was as though Celtic were playing Real Madrid and were representing the UK or something. I can understand the David vs Goliath sort of thing but it was an English club against a Scottish club and they were routing for the Scots... All it was all night was I hope Celtic can keep the tempo, hope they can keep the lead etc etc. If it had been Liverpool or United it would of been very different I'm sure!

We get bog all credit, even at half time the only analysis was about how good Celtic were defensively and how bad we were defensively yet they had conceded just as many as we had. Sterlings brilliance throughout the game got no coverage except for his own goal. It was his best performance in a city shirt for me, he was completely unplayable at times yet all we heard was how good these cloggers were at running about.

If the English media are building up the Scots more in a game than the best English player in football at the moment is it any wonder England play so shit at international level.

Can remember the bias it was ridiculous, it was as though Celtic were playing Real Madrid and were representing the UK or something. I can understand the David vs Goliath sort of thing but it was an English club against a Scottish club and they were routing for the Scots... All it was all night was I hope Celtic can keep the tempo, hope they can keep the lead etc etc. If it had been Liverpool or United it would of been very different I'm sure!

We get bog all credit, even at half time the only analysis was about how good Celtic were defensively and how bad we were defensively yet they had conceded just as many as we had. Sterlings brilliance throughout the game got no coverage except for his own goal. It was his best performance in a city shirt for me, he was completely unplayable at times yet all we heard was how good these cloggers were at running about.

If the English media are building up the Scots more in a game than the best English player in football at the moment is it any wonder England play so shit at international level.

Spot on.

I for one couldn't care less about the opinions of the dim witted clowns that BT have assembled to commentate on matches. Their opinions are, to me, not valid and have the tone of complete jealousy - so they are ignored by either the mute button or just laughing at them. To be fair, I recently tried GMR and both Cheeseman and Eyre were very critical of John Stones propensity to play the ball out - clueless, especially when you consider the opposite which sees our centre halves hoofing the ball straight to the opposition!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.