Work/Life Balance

I do like my job but don't have a great work life balance - I do get good holidays but would sacrifice some of them for less work needing to be done when in work.

I'm not intending to get really serious about my work until my 30's. Until then it's all about casual jobs to pick of the cash needed to enjoy myself.

Who knows what the World will be like in 40-50 years, i'm sure as hell not living my life now to be prepared for then.

At 21 I'm well aware that I will waste a large portion of my life in an office, it's sad but at least I can earn my own way and one day provide for a family.

I know what Bill Hicks's opinion would be though.

worsleyweb said:
I have made it my mission in life to escape the rat race aged 50. Working like mad now to save and invest for another 13 years, live sensibly and then do things I want to do in my 5os.
I had the same idea

However if it hadn't been for tuition fees I'd be 'retiring' on December 21st!

Johnsonontheleft said:
Do you have a good work/life balance?

Most people don't enjoy their work, yet spend so much time working that they miss out on life. Do you sometimes sit and work and think: why am I not scuba diving in Australia? Or just enjoying life more than you currently are by doing different things?

I find it tragic how people work so hard in order to retire with as much money as possible, but by the time they've reached this 'goal' they're too old or too ill to enjoy it properly.

If you're young, surely NOW is the time to do the stuff you've always wanted to do. I understand that you need to do something that you enjoy and that is paid employment, but surely nobody enjoys working in a call centre all day like millions of young people do.

Absolutely right .....

if i had a job , and could live comfortably without it , i'd fuck it off tomorrow !

Mine is OK at the moment to be honest

But we do have an overwork culture in some companies I have seen this, and it does not work well, it all ties in with the myth of multi tasking you can't do more than one thing at any one time

squirtyflower said:
worsleyweb said:
I have made it my mission in life to escape the rat race aged 50. Working like mad now to save and invest for another 13 years, live sensibly and then do things I want to do in my 5os.
I had the same idea

However if it hadn't been for tuition fees I'd be 'retiring' on December 21st!

You and me both! My boat is still at least 10 years away :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.