Yaya contract

He won't be here next season if he is after 2 years.

Club legend, but time to move on.

I always thought he wouldn't except a 1 year extension, 2 years is a gamble and the continuing bullshit from his tosser of an agent.

No chance we're offering a two year deal. Pretty sceptical we'll offer one year to be honest, although I think he merits one. Think we'll take the opportunity to get him off the wage bill, unless he takes a pay cut.

I think Ahsan on the City Watch Podcast said he had spoken to Yaya's agent whom said he won't accept giving Yaya just the 1 year extension.

A Yaya without any sign of a contract is not good news for us! I can't see him busting a gut in the last 8 weeks if he knows he is going.

He will play for a move elsewhere.

He will want the highest placed club with the best pay possible and will only get that with some match winning performances.

I think he is nailed on to go somewhere like West Ham.

He will want the highest placed club with the best pay possible and will only get that with some match winning performances.

Wouldn't be surprised as I'm convinced Mancini will be the manager there next season

I'd give him the choice of a one year contract on 70k p/w or a 2 year contract on 35k p/w, no guarantee of a squad place in the second season.

I agree, you have a valid argument. But that's not his only motive I think. It may sound romantic, but I think Yaya respects the manager, loves his teammates, cares for the team. Guardiola has reinvented him as a player, also as a personality. Despite his age related weaknesses (in terms of stamina, lack of acceleration, pace etc), his sense of responsibility, discipline etc, has been awesome. It's like watching a different person out there on the pitch, and Yaya deserves our respect. For Fernadinho to lose his place as DM, it had to be an injury or a suspension, Pep was heavily dependent on him from day one. I remember posters actually feeling relieved after that ridiculous red card he received in Germany, I think (or perhaps at another occasion he would miss some matches, can't be sure). Completely understand, the guy needed a break. A situation that started gradually changing following his last suspension. What I'm trying to say is that the biggest compliment for Yaya is actually forcing Pep to design a formation (and a system of developping / defending) with him AND Dinho (or even benching the latter). Toure earned that with his ability to control tempo and possession, his vision and flair, his creativity, experience, leadership, passion, physical presence etc.

So it's not about just his personal interest, I think. Whatever happens at the end of the season, Yaya wants to leave his legacy at City intact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.