Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

The ranting and raving on this site says far more about the ranters and ravers than it does about their chosen subject of abuse.

Demichelis, Garcia, Dzeko, Mancini, Pellegrini, Tevez, Quinn....and on and on and on it goes.

If you were all as animated when we're actually playing at the Etihad, some of you might actually contribute something useful to our great club.

Ballymagash Blue said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
Despite all of the commentary, here and elsewhere, I haven't heard Yaya Toure say a single disrespectful thing about Manchester City. And, quite frankly, neither have any of you.

Strange but true.

Are you Dimitri Selfsuk?

Is anything I said incorrect? Anything?

no but him saying nothing is imo condoning the agents comments.

he could kill this dead but chooses not to.

Ballymagash Blue said:
The ranting and raving on this site says far more about the ranters and ravers than it does about their chosen subject of abuse.

Demichelis, Garcia, Dzeko, Mancini, Pellegrini, Tevez, Quinn....and on and on and on it goes.

If you were all as animated when we're actually playing at the Etihad, some of you might actually contribute something useful to our great club.

Hello Raggy

city91 said:
Don't be fooled by thinking because of his age we will have to sell him on the cheap.

We signed him for around £24 million when he was predominantly a defensive midfielder and now he is a world class box to box midfielder.

He has gone from a good player in a world class team into a world class player, who is arguably the best midfielder in Europe. At 31 he has still got at least 2 seasons as the box to box Yaya and then he can revert back to the defensive midfielder he used to be.

Let the bidding start at 40 million because selling him for anything less would be an insult to the club. Also he could be a perfect makeweight in a deal for a couple of Barca players. Lets say Yaya and £20 million for Cesc and Pedro/ Sanchez.

I completely agree with this. I've loved Yaya at City, but after this now we need to get rid asap. Even if Yaya hasn't said anything he's told his agent too (or vice versa to get a final payday). We should sell him now for a minimum of £40 million, which given his impact on the team (and considering Mata was £37 mil - age is irrelevant considering he can play until 34 as a box to box then another year or two as a holding mid) we shouldn't accept anything less.

I'd get £40 mil, which I can see PSG paying as they don't care about FFP, then go for Pogba and possibly Barkley.

He'll be sorely missed but now's the time to cash in as it appears that his head's been turned. I'd much rather we got the highest amount now than wait a year, have this all over again when he's 32 and only got a year left on his contract.

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Thatchersforearm said:
Straight swap for Fabregas and this ungrateful prima donna and his Cnut of an agent can get the fuck out of my club.

He's dug his own grave here the ungrateful twat.

Fuck off Yaya, you greedy mard arsed prick.

Fabregas is shit.

Really? I think he'd fit in well here. Goal scoring midfielder, Premier League proven, gets classed as a home grown I think? Still only 26/27. I'd take Barkley too mind.

FanchesterCity said:
city91 said:
Don't be fooled by thinking because of his age we will have to sell him on the cheap.

We signed him for around £24 million when he was predominantly a defensive midfielder and now he is a world class box to box midfielder.

He has gone from a good player in a world class team into a world class player, who is arguably the best midfielder in Europe. At 31 he has still got at least 2 seasons as the box to box Yaya and then he can revert back to the defensive midfielder he used to be.

Let the bidding start at 40 million because selling him for anything less would be an insult to the club. Also he could be a perfect makeweight in a deal for a couple of Barca players. Lets say Yaya and £20 million for Cesc and Pedro/ Sanchez.

No player EVER in the history of football has been sold for that price as the age of 31. And it's not going to happen now either.

There's next to no resale value for a club paying 40 million for him, and they'll get what - a couple of decent years from him?. It won't happen.

It's not about a resale value though.

Players like Yaya and Ibrahimovic practically guarantee success. Barcelona can not afford to have another trophyless season next year and Toure will be the difference between them winning the league and narrowly missing out.

Yaya might only have two seasons whilst playing at his current level but he will have at least another three playing at his previous Barcelona level as a defensive midfielder.

Put it this way, if any team was to sign Toure on a three/four year deal for £40 million it would be money well spent. When you look at figures being banded about for the likes of Kroos and Pogba who are not a patch on Yaya and never will be, then £40+ million is what we should demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.