Yaya Toure

I understand that at YaYa's age he MAY have slowed and MAY have a dip in fitness
But he CERTAINLY has had a loss of intensity
And intensity is the Number one trait Pep asks for. Toure would not be at the club right now if there were someone willing to pay his current wage
End of

I understand that at YaYa's age he MAY have slowed and MAY have a dip in fitness
But he CERTAINLY has had a loss of intensity
And intensity is the Number one trait Pep asks for. Toure would not be at the club right now if there were someone willing to pay his current wage
End of

This is a logic I cannot fathom!

Are you suggesting Yaya's wage is what grants him playing rather than Pep thinking he sees the "intensity" in training, therefore, may still be useful?

Ridiculous thinking and total guesswork!

His intensity was his downfall the last time Pep cut him loose.

He's older and a bit slower now. Plenty of teams could find a place for him but I can't see it being us.

Just not enough legs to play the role he would need to.

Andrés Iniesta, at Barca, is 32. 3-fooking-2 and is still galloping because the system, slightly tweaked from Guardiola's allows him to position, receive, give and go because everyone else is moving. This is what's happening here and both players I mentioned still need to find their rhythm, their positioning for best usage within the team.

I haven't said Touré deserves a place, but we shall see in 6 months where he is, as Guardiola believes that is when everyone should know what they're doing.

That said, perhaps PG has seen enough, but I think he'll wait on him.

I agree he won't command a place, though, based upon this perceived form of one game played.
Iniesta is half Yaya's weight, was far less reliant on physicality throughout his career and a far more intelligent player. Horses for courses.

Iniesta is half Yaya's weight, was far less reliant on physicality throughout his career and a far more intelligent player. Horses for courses.

I agree... to some degree.

Yaya has played in the dedicated DM role without lung bursting runs.

That role became his when we were having nobody else take the game forward!

Now, he's the victim of his own success in that position!

Yaya should be looking elsewhere for a club if he wants regular football. Italy would be good as others have suggested. I get the feeling he is scheming with his agent, perhaps on seeing his contract out, even though it may means he'll most probably get little game time under Pep. If it transpires that this is the case, will be a shame that many will remember Yaya for many moments of footballing brilliance, myself included, but at the expense of being branded a footballing mercenary. I wish he'd go now and accept he's not part of Pep's thinking tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.