Yaya Toure

This is a logic I cannot fathom!

Are you suggesting Yaya's wage is what grants him playing rather than Pep thinking he sees the "intensity" in training, therefore, may still be useful?

Ridiculous thinking and total guesswork!

George22's logic is straightforward enough. Yaya's big wages are a barrier to other clubs wanting him.

Is he still waiting for that fucking birthday cake?? Agent was paid enough to buy another in replacement surely, the tight arsed ****. Way to keep the client happy, freeloading fucker.

I agree... to some degree.

Yaya has played in the dedicated DM role without lung bursting runs.

That role became his when we were having nobody else take the game forward!

Now, he's the victim of his own success in that position!

And if he plays DM without the forward runs, does he deserve a starting spot ahead of Dinho? My answer would be no, the height of his future at City is as a reserve.

That's not what he was saying. I think you need to re-read George22's post.

Yes, he did say that. His other point was about "intensity".

So Yaya played, the other day, so does that mean PG has compromised on his own rules of playing YT and Harty if they're not 'good enough'?

Hart, I can completely understand as it's less risk, but Yaya as well?

That would be suicidal!

Yes, he did say that. His other point was about "intensity".
Not that it matters much but @sir baconface is right, I don't think @george22 was suggesting what you suggest he was suggesting :)

But anyway, my take on it is nobody wants to pay Yaya what City pay him, so he'll stay. I think the best way Pep can use him is as a sub when we need a goal. Have him come on for a more defensive midfield player in about the 80th minute as a way to try and make something happen when we have nothing to lose. Maybe Yaya will pull a goal out his ass like he's been known to do. Also to start a few matches against lower level opposition to give guys like Fernandino and Gundagon a rest.

If nothing happens in this window, the situation with Yaya is similar to the situation with Scweinsteger. The difference being Pep will just accept it, not make a big deal about it in the media and just not play Yaya much. (Same thing he may have to do with Nasri, Bony and Mangala if they stay) While Mourinho has no problem coming off as an asshole and trying to force Schweinstiger to leave by making him train with the kids. Not that Pep doesn't have it in him to be ruthless, because as we all know with Joe he does what he thinks is best in the end no matter what.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.