Yaya Toure

Yaya isn't fit for this system. He never has been nor will he be regardless of his fitness or improved intensity. Yaya is athletic in his own right but doesn't have the type of athleticism that Pep requires. We require agile players capable of quick bursts of speed. Pass, move, repeat, then press instantly if possession is lost.

All of this isn't on Yaya and people need to understand that. Improving his intensity changes very little.

Last edited:
Yaya should be looking elsewhere for a club if he wants regular football. Italy would be good as others have suggested. I get the feeling he is scheming with his agent, perhaps on seeing his contract out, even though it may means he'll most probably get little game time under Pep. If it transpires that this is the case, will be a shame that many will remember Yaya for many moments of footballing brilliance, myself included, but at the expense of being branded a footballing mercenary. I wish he'd go now and accept he's not part of Pep's thinking tbh.

Sorry mate but dont buy into that mercenary bollocks at all. If he stays, he is honouring his contract that the club were happy to offer him. Wanting him out, I understand, but he is doing nothing wrong if he wants to stay, even if he knows he will have limited playing time.

Iv'e no ideal how long he wishes to keep playing, but he might feel this is it after City and retire, in which case he might see a £10m pension top up being good business for not doing much, compared to having to work hard for probably another two years elsewhere to earn similar.

Sorry mate but dont buy into that mercenary bollocks at all. If he stays, he is honouring his contract that the club were happy to offer him. Wanting him out, I understand, but he is doing nothing wrong if he wants to stay, even if he knows he will have limited playing time.

Iv'e no ideal how long he wishes to keep playing, but he might feel this is it after City and retire, in which case he might see a £10m pension top up being good business for not doing much, compared to having to work hard for probably another two years elsewhere to earn similar.

Spot on.

Yaya isn't fit for this system. He never has been nor will he be regardless of his fitness or improved intensity. Yaya is athletic in his own right but doesn't have the type of athleticism that Pep requires. We require agile players capable of quick bursts of speed. Pass, move, repeat, then press instantly if possession is lost.

All of this isn't on Yaya and people need to understand that. Improving his intensity changes very little.
Yep. I don't get all this 'lazy' nonsense. He never, ever tracked back, or chased the ball down. It's not his game, and he doesn't have the engine for it. Even in his pomp a few years back, he never chased the ball. I remember leaving him without a name at a home Derby when he just stood around, but when we were at our best we could accommodate him, and when he was at his best any team would have accommodated him - he is utterly unplayable at his best. However, in Guardiola he has a manager who will not allow players to wander around when we don't have the ball.

Good morning mossiideblue and all other blues on this misearble day weather wise, but I'm going to leap out of bed, have a shower, a few jobs round the house. " You do the shake and vac and put the freshness back, oh ya do the sheikh n vac and put the freshness back".

Nice brew and a bit of brekkie, take my 'Pep' pills. Then a bit more vigour whilst a spot of ironing my Colin Bell no/8 shirt for the game and other clothes. " La de da de de" fuckin ace these pills mate. Hmm, what next hmm, aghh mopping the floor then a few pots. Some lunch, then off to the Victoria for a few slurps before the game

Sorry mate, you mention Yaya not being a mercenary? Your opinion, my opinion. I think we all can agree he won't give 2 fucks about what us 2 and every other blue thinks whilst he's collecting his reputed 230 k a week, yes week, for doing a big fat fuck all whilst not even in the squad!!

I'll be even happier later as we knock those rag pretenders off top spot.

"Zipperdeee doo da Zipperedee day"

Last edited:
Yep. I don't get all this 'lazy' nonsense. He never, ever tracked back, or chased the ball down. It's not his game, and he doesn't have the engine for it. Even in his pomp a few years back, he never chased the ball. I remember leaving him without a name at a home Derby when he just stood around, but when we were at our best we could accommodate him, and when he was at his best any team would have accommodated him - he is utterly unplayable at his best. However, in Guardiola he has a manager who will not allow players to wander around when we don't have the ball.

Nice additions malg. It's a shame his legacy is tainted by these last few years. His slime ball agent definitely doesn't help Yaya's viewing in the eyes of us supporters. They've handled this transition intelligently.

It all appears to have gone very quiet on the Yaya front, particularly when compared to Joe Hart. There don't seem to be any attempts by the club to move him on. His agent doesn't seem to be stirring things up at the moment, despite him not being picked for meaningful games. He seemed happy enough being played out of position on Wednesday. Presumably he's been told he will not be in the CL squad?

It seems as if he and club have reached some sort of an accommodation as to how he will be utilised during the final year of his contract. No longer a significant member of the squad, but not just sat in the stands. Perhaps with a move in Jan?

It all appears to have gone very quiet on the Yaya front, particularly when compared to Joe Hart. There don't seem to be any attempts by the club to move him on. His agent doesn't seem to be stirring things up at the moment, despite him not being picked for meaningful games. He seemed happy enough being played out of position on Wednesday. Presumably he's been told he will not be in the CL squad?

It seems as if he and club have reached some sort of an accommodation as to how he will be utilised during the final year of his contract. No longer a significant member of the squad, but not just sat in the stands. Perhaps with a move in Jan?

Has to be, doesn't it? All this silence from Seluk is suspicious, makes me almost nervous. I wonder if Yaya is set for a reunion with Manuel in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.