Your Favourite City Memorabilia

too much to mention, but i'll skim some from memory -

over a hundred handwritten letters from players and signed photos from the mid 80s to mid 90s (used to write to players a lot as a kid), all home progs since the mid 80s, all city mags since issue 1, some stuff passed from my family like an orig 56 cup final pennant thingy + a 68 championship one and the 69 final one + a pot/plastic 25 cm city man figure from the 60s (hard to describe!) + a ton of newspaper specials inc 1934 fa cup win and the 56 win and lots of late 60s ones. More of my stuff is i kept scrapbooks as a kid so a ton of cuttings form then, despite being away on holiday for the auction (cries) i have a lot of maine road (8 main stand bricks, 2 platt lane bricks, 2 north stand bricks, a turnstile plate from 1923, a perimeter pitch side gate, one of the 3 round windows from the side of the main stand near the ticket office (got some funny looks carrying that home on the bus!), some of the original pieces of the mosaics (i was there the day then bloke removed it and he gave me about 5 pieces), the massive cardboard pics of the ground that used to be in the entrance to the shop (6 months after city left, i spotted them on the floor in the shop when the coucnil team were in, one was ripped in half but the other 3 were fine, they let me have them!), 3 original 1923 window cubes from the main stand, a K2 sign from the kippax, a closed signed from a turnstile, and a brick from the perimiter kippax wall. I have more i think, but can't remember - none were bought in the auction, i went to watch demolition a hell of a lot and the gate man was friendly and let me have bits. (well, K2 vanished the match before the last match at maine road, thanks to my mum taking a screwdriver and having the guts to do it!)
I have a lot of city shirts obviously, and a lot of signed stuff, inc 5 signed shirts from the last 8 years, and a ton of books, dvds, and all the usual kind of stuff. Also i have my own collection of photos of maine road and city that i've taken the last 20 years - those mean a lot to me! And my 20 years of season ticket books and cards! (pay on the gate kippax before then so no stubs, a pity!)
And lots more, like my childhood city lamp and 80s bedspread! I used to have a "peter barnes football trainer" in the early 80s but my sister cut the elastic back then to be a woman (before it took anyones eye out i guess though!), Panini sticker albums with a completed city page (1986!), i was the only girl at school to be into football and used to get slagged off contantly by the boys so had no one to swap with (cries again!) but still managed the full page ;)

oops just noticed this is a "what's your most prized possession" thread and not a "what have you got" thread... sorry. I got carried away and listed a lot cos i never joined in in any of the many threads there used to be where people listed stuff.

So, my favourite.... i don't know, er, maybe the letters and stuff i got in the post from players as a kid, genuine hand written stuff where they talked about all sorts. Those mean a lot, for sentimental reasons i suppose :)

Vienna Cup winners cup final programme my brother gave me, or League cup final 74 as i was there aged 9. But the real best keeps changing appearance, my 9 year old in one of his 35 city tops.
Great list of stuff KippaxKid74, ( for a girly ) ;)

A green autograph book with all the city signatures on it. Mum took me down to the local cinema where the team coach was parked. The players were having an evening out the night before an away game at spurs. Remember being in awe of the size of Joe corrigan.

old autograpgh book from early 80s crammed full of autograpghs

Limited edition FA Cup winners plate

but my fav is

leather bound A5 book containing newspaper clippings from important games in Citys history - similar to this in link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nutsaboutfootball.com/documents/manchester-city-leather-bound-football-book.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nutsaboutfootball.com/docume ... -book.html</a>

Signed programme from Keegan's first game in charge (Rochdale away)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.