Youth or Success

Chelsea have 33 players out on loan at the minute and they will at some time get some return from those players.

When you see Barca bringing through the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Pique, Busquets, Messi, etc... it has to be possible to do it here too. It just depends on how committed the club are to achieving success that way.

When you see Barca bringing through the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Pique, Busquets, Messi, etc... it has to be possible to do it here too. It just depends on how committed the club are to achieving success that way.

That is some golden generation of players though, to have that much quality in an academy over a 5-10 year period is very rare.

Same with United and Ferguson, that class of 92 was a one off occasion, the same with the Ajax team of 95/96, both golden generations of players that for an academy to achieve is extremely difficult.

The better your team gets the harder it is to bring youth through - I would have that was fairly obvious.
If your team is shit it's easy to bring alot of youth through eg Villa.

Exactly. Barca haven't brought anyone through properly for a fair few years now because they've got world class players in every position. They had a one off generation in Messi/Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets etc. They even sold Thiago because he couldn't get a game ahead of the those last three.

at the moment success all day long. Once we are established and get positive media and the ahem "rub of the green" from the officials , and we are bringing through some genuinely world class lads from the CFA then both.

Success for me.

I used to quite like the idea of a local lad making it to the first team. I don't get quite as excited about a young lad from Portugal doing so.

Of all the dozens of kids in the academy at the moment, one might make it to a top four PL club. I am sure that the best possibility has been identified and by the time he is 'ready' he will be able! We are not likely to have a team with half a dozen Beswick-grown products, ever! If an academy had a 16-yr old talented, sizeable youngster he would be allowed to 'develop' before he was thrown in at the deep end. The problem with a first team squad like City is that we don't need to blood youngsters, and this might be the problem for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.