So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

I don't think Aguero is that player. I don't think he has the mentality of a killer and I don't think that he's going to take Jesus having his spot as a challenge for him to up his game. It took two games on the bench for him to wander into the mixed zone and give everyone a headline when what he should've done was concentrate on getting back into the team. Didn't go unnoticed by the club either who literally sent out a statement of their own within minutes of his mixed zone comments.

If he doesn't hit the level required, he won't play very often as first choice & he will most likely then ask to leave in the summer.

But in the past, he has played better challenging amongst a group of strikers rather than being the only real option as senior striker in the squad. Maybe that's actually one reason why his form has dropped off.

Think if he was hitting Suarez/Lewandowski type of scoring levels..35+ Goals a season,Pep would have lived with it and given him a 'pass'..He isn't though,badly out of form.Pep has clearly stated that he won't go with 4 forwards as he wants more control in the middle..Sané,Jesus & Raz are starting ahead of him,and rightly so,based on form not reputation.Unless one of the 3 has a dip in form or is 'rested',Kun will continue on the bench.Wouldn't pay too much attention to what Pep says about a player who future is uncertain..Heavily praised Dante & Mandzukic and sold them a few weeks later.

If Aguero was the Aguero of old though, he would be 'amazing' too & make it pretty much impossible for Pep to leave him out, whether he was 'right' for the system or not. Pep would have to adapt it & would gladly do so.

Nail on the head.

Sure, Pep's system prefers a false-9 and he's never traditionally favored having an out-and-out striker. But Lewandowski he made room for and adjusted Bayern's game for because he was so prolific he had to be included.

Pep has played Aguero, game after game, but Aguero hasn't produced the results for him. His conversion rate in the Premier League this season is a dismal 14.6%, much lower than at any other point he's been at City. We've lost games, and points, because chances have been created but not taken.

Normally you'd say, OK, it's Kun, he'll come around and regardless he's in the starting XI by default. But then Pep trapped lightning in a bottle and suddenly we have a blistering on-form strikeforce that is actually showing an ability to consistently do what we failed so often to do earlier in the season.

I don't think Aguero is that player. I don't think he has the mentality of a killer and I don't think that he's going to take Jesus having his spot as a challenge for him to up his game. It took two games on the bench for him to wander into the mixed zone and give everyone a headline when what he should've done was concentrate on getting back into the team. Didn't go unnoticed by the club either who literally sent out a statement of their own within minutes of his mixed zone comments.

Problem with Aguero's statement was he literally had no impetus to make it, other than the fact he's clearly unhappy with the situation.

His intent, from what we've seen so far, is fairly straightforward: play me or I'll go somewhere where they appreciate me enough to play me. That's not unfair either, he's incredible and could justifiably expect to walk into any top team's starting XI without the worry of a young upstart from Brazil taking his slot.

I don't know if Aguero will go at the end of the season, certainly we all hope not, but, I will say this, if he's unwilling to accept that his place on the team (as with anyone's) is based on performances and results and if he can't handle the idea that Pep will inevitably tinker with the lineup to his desires, then he's probably moving on regardless.

Nail on the head.

Sure, Pep's system prefers a false-9 and he's never traditionally favored having an out-and-out striker. But Lewandowski he made room for and adjusted Bayern's game for because he was so prolific he had to be included.

Pep has played Aguero, game after game, but Aguero hasn't produced the results for him. His conversion rate in the Premier League this season is a dismal 14.6%, much lower than at any other point he's been at City. We've lost games, and points, because chances have been created but not taken.

Normally you'd say, OK, it's Kun, he'll come around and regardless he's in the starting XI by default. But then Pep trapped lightning in a bottle and suddenly we have a blistering on-form strikeforce that is actually showing an ability to consistently do what we failed so often to do earlier in the season.

Problem with Aguero's statement was he literally had no impetus to make it, other than the fact he's clearly unhappy with the situation.

His intent, from what we've seen so far, is fairly straightforward: play me or I'll go somewhere where they appreciate me enough to play me. That's not unfair either, he's incredible and could justifiably expect to walk into any top team's starting XI without the worry of a young upstart from Brazil taking his slot.

I don't know if Aguero will go at the end of the season, certainly we all hope not, but, I will say this, if he's unwilling to accept that his place on the team (as with anyone's) is based on performances and results and if he can't handle the idea that Pep will inevitably tinker with the lineup to his desires, then he's probably moving on regardless.

Yeah that's my vibe. I certainly don't want Kun to leave, but at the same time I'm realistic. He walks into most sides in the world. If the best Pep can say to him is he has to fight with the other forwards, I don't think he'll do it when the likes of Madrid/Paris are saying "you'll be top dog here".

Nail on the head.

If he can't get in the team as an equal , I think he should leave in the summer, for his own sake. Maybe he needs a change of club, to get his sharpness back. It happens.

A player of Aguero's stature, should not be playing 2nd fiddle to a 19 year old kid, & after everything he has done for City, if he chooses that, then he should go with our thanks & our blessing.

It should be noted, imo, that he is also 2nd fiddle in Argentina's team. So it's not just Pep. Something is missing.

My hope is that Gabriel Jesus fires him up, rather than him having to go elsewhere to do it.

Sane-Jesus-Sterling isn't so far away from MSN, with the key difference being Suarez is a natural centre forward.

Pep doesn't like strikers, they don't work so well with his system. At Barca, arguably the best Barcelona team in history, he played with zero strikers and stuck Messi as a fake number 9 which seems to be what he's aiming for with Jesus.

At Bayern, he accommodated Lewadowski and I have no doubt he can and would do the same for Aguero. The thing is though, Kun hasn't been playing well this season and his current run of form particularly makes him a less reliable option. Further, it isn't clear that Sergio has adapted to Pep's style (he runs less, gives away possession frequently etc) and it's hard to justify including him over another of our front three who have genuinely clicked.

It's obvious Aguero will come around again, he's the best striker in the league by a measure. I have no doubt the club, and Pep, consider him irreplaceable and will make every effort to keep him in the summer. The only questions are if he himself wants to remain, is willing to try harder to fit in Guardiola's system and can accept results are paramount therefore automatic inclusion isn't ensured.

Wow. Big statement

Sergio is going nowhere and Joe will return to be 1st choice next year - I'm beginning to believe Pep has sent him over to another country to get some more experience, become a little more humble and come back a better alround keeper - read it here first :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.