Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks completely knackered. I don't think he is a natural athlete but I suppose Pep is keeping him in the team for individual moments of brilliance, which he produced again for the goal. He really does need a rest though.

Everyone around where I sit thought he was shit today, but the match of the day clips apparently prove otherwise, its a pity they didn't show the numerous misplaced simple passes.

I really rate KdB, but he is really out of form right now, great cross aside, for me me he needs a break,

How do you give a break to your most dangerous midfield player? The problem Pep has is that literally nobody else in the squad can do what Kev does. He can be truly atrocious for 89 minutes then produce the cross that wins the game.

His form is really bad but a bit baffled by the criticism he's receiving for yesterday's performance. He was as good/bad as anyone else in midfield and he did more of the simple things well than in recent games. His passing, the tough stuff through balls etc, is still a little off. But we're talking about a foot here or a foot there. It'll come again.

How do you give a break to your most dangerous midfield player? The problem Pep has is that literally nobody else in the squad can do what Kev does. He can be truly atrocious for 89 minutes then produce the cross that wins the game.

His form is really bad but a bit baffled by the criticism he's receiving for yesterday's performance. He was as good/bad as anyone else in midfield and he did more of the simple things well than in recent games. His passing, the tough stuff through balls etc, is still a little off. But we're talking about a foot here or a foot there. It'll come again.
I agree that he needs a rest, but I would be disappointed not to see his name on the team sheet every week - He's the first name I still look for despite being a little off form

Everyone around where I sit thought he was shit today, but the match of the day clips apparently prove otherwise, its a pity they didn't show the numerous misplaced simple passes.

I really rate KdB, but he is really out of form right now, great cross aside, for me me he needs a break,
Like I said perhaps the standards are being set too high, he's always misplaced plenty of passes, his qualities are in creating chances - and he created numerous big chances again yesterday, and hit the post.

He started out in this role pretty well, but the deeper he is the more obvious & dangerous his misplaced passes look, reckon that's half the issue. Misplacing a pass from the wing or just outside the opposition box isn't so unexpected, doing it at the halfway line or even deeper makes it far more noticeable & more dangerous.

Kev looks knackered. No one else gives us what he does and that's why Pep keeps playing him. I think though sometimes he should be moved forward into an AM position (where he'd still be brilliant) 'coz he certainly isn't an athlete like Dinho to consistently play CM.

I think people's perception is too flawed when they react to each players' performances right after the game. I didn't see the Liverpool one, so downloaded it and watched the game with calmness (and being sober!). already knowing the result, sometimes even reverting the play, and what I thought was he was very good in the first half actually. For example, played a wonderful through ball to Silva who then put the cross to Sterling (and Aguero), when both were fouled in the box via red card offences.

Then yeah, he seemed to be in a hurry to play the vertical pass in the second and fucked it up oftentimes, which is a shame indeed, but let's say Otamendi would have had his first and second half performances switched, his thread with 'motm' messages wouldn't bee as much bumped. And back to Kevin, yes, he looked knackered in the second but still managed to play that one killer ball and almost scored the deciding goal.

In any case, it's just a bit pointless to debate his role now as it's true what the above poster mentions: there is no alternative for him and we can't really afford currently to leave him out (this applies to Silva even more, of course). Hopefully it's all in the mind and he'll get back to his best soon enough.

KDB reportedly won't be part of the international fixtures for Belgium against either Greece or Russia, due to a groin injury.

Update:
RECTIFICATION: @DeBruyneKev is UNSURE for the game of tomorrow (pain at the groin). Nothing definitieve yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.