Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

I'm certainly old enough to remember big joe in fact from your user name I was legally out in the pubs drinking when you were born sunny :)

I'd have thought my post was pretty self explanatory...Forster didn't do very well, Bravo would have been getting pelters if he'd let a header in like that.
Born 1972, 1980 was the year I went to my first match. North stand 6 rows back in the middle behind big joe's goal, he has been a big hero (in every sense of the word) to me since then. It's been a long time since anyone called me sunny! No disrespect but I thought you were inferring that Bravo did not deserve/Forster did deserve stick for said performances.

Typical bloody City,worked myself up into a right state prior to kick off and what happens,no bloody stress,no gut wrenching agony,no nail biting,a bloody stroll in the park.Add to that Vincent bloody Kompany,I,m waiting for his usual ham string injury when up he launches himself for a bullet header for the opening goal,then he tears off like a demented loon to share his joy with the fans.Sorry I can,t watch this type of performance,it looks so easy,I want to have a good moan,bloody hell even Navas could have shared Man of the match.why has it all gone wrong.Come back Pierce,had a good moan when he was in charge.Typical.
This game got the balance just right for me. I hate the games when were clinging on to 1-0 with 70% possession but repeated counterattacks against our leaky defence. I also hate the games when we're 3-0 up after 30 minutes and our players sit back and start thinking how they're going to spend the £200k they've just earned. This was my perfect game.

Only pluses from that performance:

• Vinnie was great. Fantastic in defence, everyone round him looked better for his presence
  • welcome back KDB. Good to see the real Kev this week. Not that imposter who found it difficult to string a pass. His two assists were world class
  • Jesus Navas - could have been mom.
  • Kun, serious hard work and another goal.
  • Sane - bloody hell the boy is going to be some player for us
  • Clichy played very well!!!
  • pressing was excellent, we were winning the ball back very quickly
  • ball retention better than lately and some of the interplay was sumptuous
  • looking really good in time for the semi

Well done, City, a good performance by everyone yesterday. The through ball to KDB by Silva that led to the second goal was nearly as good ( not quite) as the one for Dzeko against the Rags in 2011/12 (1-6).
Now for Arsenal.......

Born 1972, 1980 was the year I went to my first match. North stand 6 rows back in the middle behind big joe's goal, he has been a big hero (in every sense of the word) to me since then. It's been a long time since anyone called me sunny! No disrespect but I thought you were inferring that Bravo did not deserve/Forster did deserve stick for said performances.

Still a pup :)

• Vinnie was great. Fantastic in defence, everyone round him looked better for his presence
  • welcome back KDB. Good to see the real Kev this week. Not that imposter who found it difficult to string a pass. His two assists were world class
3 points?
clean sheet?

But apart from that were shite..........

Impressed that we won 3-0, considering how profligate and wasteful we were at times. The back four looked really strong, Kompany and Otamendi were excellent.

We've pretty much secured top four now in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.