Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they call those computer things? Bots? He might be one of those.
Imagine the thread if we sell Aguero and his replacement manages 2 goals by December. Both in the League Cup.

I've been thinking about Claudio since his great performance for Chile in the semifinal.

He was always on a hiding to nothing coming to City. It's always difficult for someone trying to replace an institution, which Joe was for us.

The fact that Bravo was thrown in at the deep end and his first match was the swamp derby didn't help him, especially when many City "supporters" claim he should have been sent off.

While I agree that many of his performances have fallen below the standard required of a modern-day Manchester City goalkeeper, the lack of backing he has received from these same fans hasn't helped.

We can only hope that his Confederations Cup success has helped him rebuild his confidence and next season, Pep will have the 'keeper he had at Barcelona.

I've been thinking about Claudio since his great performance for Chile in the semifinal.

He was always on a hiding to nothing coming to City. It's always difficult for someone trying to replace an institution, which Joe was for us.

The fact that Bravo was thrown in at the deep end and his first match was the swamp derby didn't help him, especially when many City "supporters" claim he should have been sent off.

While I agree that many of his performances have fallen below the standard required of a modern-day Manchester City goalkeeper, the lack of backing he has received from these same fans hasn't helped.

We can only hope that his Confederations Cup success has helped him rebuild his confidence and next season, Pep will have the 'keeper he had at Barcelona.

had he performed Joe Hart would have been forgotten instantly. Pep and Bravo HAD to get it right, from the off. neither did. for me this thread should still be closed and a new one started on matchday 1.
he and we go again.

Pep didn't have him at Barca mate.

I agree with you, he was on a hiding to nothing from the start.

Some fans made their mind up before he even set foot on a pitch, others made their mind up after his performance at the swamp.

Others seemed to blame him for our defences inability to play out from the back and the groans were audible almost every time he had the ball at his feet, I can only assume that didn't help him settle.

Despite all that, he still performed pretty well for his first 10 PL games, his save percentage was at 74% at that stage ( before anyone gives me shit for stats remember how they were used as a stick to beat him with, fair's fair) but he was still being blamed for almost every goal we conceded.

It all went to shit for him following the Chelsea game, his form went completely and everything that came at him seemed to go in. At that stage he needed support imo, instead the number of dissenting voices grew and made the situation worse.

He's shown great character to bounce back this summer after all that. Like you say hopefully he can take that into next season with us and give Ederson the required competition and support.

Pep didn't have him at Barca mate.

I agree with you, he was on a hiding to nothing from the start.

Some fans made their mind up before he even set foot on a pitch, others made their mind up after his performance at the swamp.

Others seemed to blame him for our defences inability to play out from the back and the groans were audible almost every time he had the ball at his feet, I can only assume that didn't help him settle.

Despite all that, he still performed pretty well for his first 10 PL games, his save percentage was at 74% at that stage ( before anyone gives me shit for stats remember how they were used as a stick to beat him with, fair's fair) but he was still being blamed for almost every goal we conceded.

It all went to shit for him following the Chelsea game, his form went completely and everything that came at him seemed to go in. At that stage he needed support imo, instead the number of dissenting voices grew and made the situation worse.

He's shown great character to bounce back this summer after all that. Like you say hopefully he can take that into next season with us and give Ederson the required competition and support.

He has always been weak facing aerial crosses - that was evident from his very first game. And that achilles heel would have less tested in La Ligue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.