What is Manchester to you?

Not directed at you but touches in the postal district point....

Irlam has an M postcode but Heaton Moor has an SK postcode. It cannot be that those in Irlam should be regarded as 'more' Manc. If you wanted to argue on the basis of geography, then Irlam is pretty much equidistant between Manchester city centre and Warrington (plastic scouse ;) ).

yep, places like heaton moor, reddish or cheadle are right next to manchester/ suburbs, but irlam which is further away has an M post code. plastic mancs ;)

i have united mates that go on about city fans being from stockport and i can never understand why. i live about 5 minutes away from manchester - kingsway/parswood

Last edited:
Why do so many Welsh people hate England but support English teams?

They dont actually support them, they like to be associated with them. Loads of L/pool 'fans' round here, obviously. Talked to quite a few ...'reds', a few have been once, some never and a couple of dodgy looking ones dont even now where o/t is. Even refused one cheeky bastard the use of the works toilet until his mum admitted he knew nothing about football. Great for winding up.

City side of ancoats or Oldham road side?

Makes me laugh how they have just divided it with new Islington! Who decided on that?
Lived 20 yards away from new issy baths they knocked it down about 35 year ago built the cardroom they knocked that down and started throwing all these flats up.

Manchester itself is not very big with regards to its borders and a few borders have been changed, where I'm from used to be Lancashire even tho it's only about 5 miles from the centre but now classed as greater Manchester, there was a thread on here a while back about it, I'd class failsworth as Oldham
Failsworth has a Manchester postcode M35, and the vast majority of Failsworthians would say they are from Manchester. We do however pay our council tax to Oldham, and our MP represents Ashton.
I would say any place with a Manchester postcode is part of Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.