Cyclists

I think all road users do stupid things and make mistakes.
The problem is, some do these things practically every time they go out. And some are way too aggressive, and should only be allowed out in the company of a minder who is sane.

Cyclists who don,t use cycle paths that are separate from the road should be fined.

Cyclists who don,t use cycle paths that are separate from the road should be fined.
My wife's argument as well.. use a cycle path and at every junction you potentially have to stop to cross roads... stay on the main drag, no problem

Cyclists have every right to use the public highway... IMHO

My wife's argument as well.. use a cycle path and at every junction you potentially have to stop to cross roads... stay on the main drag, no problem

Agree. As long as all road users take heed of the Highway Code, then I have no issue with any vehicles using the public highway.

Most of the cycle paths between home and work are poorly maintained, and in some places downright dangerous; it is a damn site safer using the road.

No problem,let's stop building cycle paths,save councils up and down the country a fortune.At most cross roads you have to stop! Sorry if you are a cyclist the ,traffic lights,pedestrian crossings,over taking on the inside of vehicles,is something else that cyclists couldn't,t give a damn about

Unsure about the implementation of a fine as well, who would enforce it?
The police? Lol...
They are far too overstretched as it is, not even bothering with violent crimes and drug misuse.

Education. Education. Education.

Not even pedestrians are aware of designated cycle paths which lead from cycle lanes, walking through the cycle paths, which can only discourage cyclists from using those paths (which have have big bicycle paintings on them, yet people still walk on)

I've been a cyclist most of my life, showed how to cycle on roads by my father as a young boy.
Sadly however many haven't had that Education and thus when they become older, need transport and buy a bicycle, they become Clueless with no road knowledge.

Proper education that's apart of the National Curriculum, with Govt. Funded further education at college level as well, actually getting cyclists involved with the training for kids at school level.
There's playground space which can be used to implement actual training, manoeuvres and so on.

Licensing isn't the way as it would discourage cycling and YOU, the taxpayer, would longterm be paying much more in NHS contributions as more of us would be having obesity /heart/diabetes problems.
Licensing would cost way too much to implement.

Finally, our roads are fucking minging and structurally aren't the safest, potholes all around, cheap tarmac fillings, and the mapping is much more riskier and less prepared for big traffic than other countries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.