Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything over £40m is absolutely fucking ridiculous. For this kind of money you'd expect David Alaba in return. Walker is a decent player, but he isn't even in the bracket that the fee would have you believe. This is just as absurd a price as the Lukaku fee. For half this amount we could have bought in just as good a player from the continent. What's even more worrying is that the other clubs we're dealing with will now believe that they can dramatically increase their demands.

The club should have walked away from this deal a long time ago. It reeks of desperation.

If he helps us win the league and other trophies he's paid for himself. If you hear other fans laugh about the price just remember that by signing Walker we have made our team twice as strong as it was last season. And then remember the fucking rags just paid £90 million for Lukaku.

Anything over £40m is absolutely fucking ridiculous. For this kind of money you'd expect David Alaba in return. Walker is a decent player, but he isn't even in the bracket that the fee would have you believe. This is just as absurd a price as the Lukaku fee. For half this amount we could have bought in just as good a player from the continent. What's even more worrying is that the other clubs we're dealing with will now believe that they can dramatically increase their demands.

The club should have walked away from this deal a long time ago. It reeks of desperation.

You name me a top class RB who's available for half the price?

£55M? Genuinely hilarious. Time for Walker to prove us doubters wrong ( by doubters I mean those who arw laughing at his price ) He is obviously going to have a positive impact as we haven't had this sort of pace coming from our RB's before but I just don't see anything in him that warrants that price except for qouta filling.
But we need HG though abdvlike Sterling he guy doesn't put the price tag on his head it's the club, if he wasn't English he'd be half the price like Sterling would've been.

Wow. Ok. I will simplify it more. Buying Walker for 55 as opposed to 40 lessens our ability to sign other players. Make sense now?

Fucking hell.

OK i'll play your stupid game.

Let's say our transfer budget this summer is £1billion.

That extra £15m has lessened our ability to sign our other targets?

On a seperate note:

When you go to a shop, armed with £5, and you want something but it costs £3. The shop next door has something you want that's also £3. Do you expect the shop owner to sell you his product for less so that you can afford both? Or are your choices pay the asking price or leave without it?

£55M? Genuinely hilarious. Time for Walker to prove us doubters wrong ( by doubters I mean those who arw laughing at his price ) He is obviously going to have a positive impact as we haven't had this sort of pace coming from our RB's before but I just don't see anything in him that warrants that price except for qouta filling.
Only the best right back in the country plus Homegrown

Here come the Fee police.

I'll never, ever understand the fan obsession with transfer fees.

Because everyone has a value for a player. That's how they are rated. So if it goes well above that value,
then people are going to comment. I can't understand that you have trouble understanding.

Pereira for £22m is a much better deal than £55m for Walker.

Which is why Levy is probably going to do both deals ;)

Anyway, Spurs fan here. It always makes me laugh, seeing everyone now saying Walker is the best RB in the league, yet when Spurs fans were saying that, people were saying no he was average, all of a sudden now you are signing him, watch it be said he is one of the best in Europe....hahaha.

He is a very good RB and in my opinion the best in the league the last two seasons. It will be interesting to see how he does at City, as it's really only under Poch where he has become top class and well, Poch makes most players look top class. We picked Tripper in front of him in big games last season and gained better final ball delivery, but less pace and whilst we still looked excellent defensively as a team with Tripper in the team, Walker is the better defender one on one currently due to his strength and pace against attacking wingers.

Regarding the fee, of course it is going to be north of 50 million. He's one of the best in his position in the league, on a long contract, Spurs don't need to sell, he's at the peak years of a player, is English and City are desperate. Why on earth would he be cheaper than someone like John Stones?

Spurs will be getting a lot of money for a player Poch doesn't want in his squad any more, and you really need him, it's a great deal around.

Rag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.