Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I watched the game, Spurs won 2-1, Trippier went off injured on 83 minutes for Walker.

Trippier seems more intelligent and creative going forward, he has 5 assists in 2017 more than any other PL defender.
Walker seems slightly faster and more physical.

I suppose it depends what Pep is looking for?

Imo Trippier was always a good footballer coming forward & smarter than the likes of Walker but merely a keen defender who lacks quality & pace as well as physicality.

If you look at his performance v rags compared to when Walker came on, Matiial just running past as if he wasn't there, I believe that is what will become apparent the more he plays (if he plays, I think they will replace Walker with a new no1 fullback, not Trippier).

I actually think our own Maffeo is already a considerably better defender than Trippier but not as smart on the ball, yet.

When I've seen Trippier he has always looked like a player with great delivery if you give him a bit of space outside but not really a particularly good defender nor very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.