Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That could be a great half way house on match day if they included bars and restaurants. one major problem with the stadium at the moment is that there is nowhere close that provides decent food/drink. Splits up the walk back to the city centre.

You've obviously not been in Bruno's, Manchester's No1 rated Italian on Trip Advisor for Pizza and Chianti. A stone's throw from the Etihad!!

I thought there was a Sainsbury's and a cinema planned for that site? Obviously fell through. Loads of potential for residential development there in addition to retail.

There were rumours of Asda relocating there too. Guess this puts that to bed.

On a different note, it's not very fresh news but worth noting on a thread devoted to the Etihad Campus (among other things) that the squash tournament will be hosted at the Campus if Liverpool is successful in its bid for the 2022 Commonwealth Games, while the Velodrome over the road will host the cycling.

I posted the above a while back. However, there'll be no 2022 events at the Campus and Velodrome because Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has selected Birmingham and not Liverpool as the recommended city for an England bid for the Games: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ham-liverpool-recommendation?CMP=share_btn_tw

Corners painted blue with the badge on as well.

image.jpg

What is the latest on further stadium expansion?

Sorry if the question is stupid, not following this development very closely as I'm Swedish

The MEN has a piece on the retail park: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/property/central-retail-park-plans-manchester-13608899

Doesn't really add to what we know already, but confirms that the aim is to draw up plans by the middle of next year for a "predominantly residential led mixed use neighbourhood’". There's been a change in the "plans, approved in 2013, for a new large-scale supermarket on the site".
The ASDA move rumours will fire up again now. haha

The ASDA move rumours will fire up again now. haha

I read it as killing the rumours of this as a potential site for ASDA. The plans approved in 2013 to put a big supermarket there have changed and they're now planning primarily a residential development.

What is the latest on further stadium expansion?

Sorry if the question is stupid, not following this development very closely as I'm Swedish

There's nothing official about this. In terms of little snippets of unofficial information, @worsleyweb is the best bet for this kind of thing. IIRC, his latest infromation (posted a few weeks ago) was that the north stand development was looking as though it would begin in summer 2018. Usual caveats apply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.