Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think we are one centre half (and possibly one holding midfielder) away from the "finished product", but I see that Finished Product being Champions League winners. I think this team was ahead of Chelsea last season and is further ahead of them this season.
I hope you are right. For me it's too soon to say. I am excited about what I have seen and with the players we have bought but we have to be very strong defensively to succeed with the way Guardiola plays. Any weakness will be exposed as our defenders have to defend one on one. If Stones comes through then that will be hugely significant, but at the moment I'd still have question marks about Otamendi, Stones, and of course Kompany's injury history. Can we really be successful with defensive weakness? Obviously we cannot, but you may think that their is not much to worry about there? Stones and Otamendi for me struggled last season although they were very exposed by weak full backs.

Chelsea away will be a test. Liverpool could have been but the game was altered by the sending off.

I hope you are right. For me it's too soon to say. I am excited about what I have seen and with the players we have bought but we have to be very strong defensively to succeed with the way Guardiola plays. Any weakness will be exposed as our defenders have to defend one on one. If Stones comes through then that will be hugely significant, but at the moment I'd still have question marks about Otamendi, Stones, and of course Kompany's injury history. Can we really be successful with defensive weakness? Obviously we cannot, but you may think that their is not much to worry about there? Stones and Otamendi for me struggled last season although they were very exposed by weak full backs.

Chelsea away will be a test. Liverpool could have been but the game was altered by the sending off.

If there's a question mark, it's defensive, of course, because of Vinny's injury record. We aren't the same team without him. I have no question marks over Stones personally - I think he will be as good as Vinny and I think he's almost there now. Otamendi's pace is definitely a problem and that would be my one change to make us CL winners: upgrade him.

Overall I think we are the best team in the division and whilst there might be a few Keegan-era style 5-3s, I think we can and will blow everyone away.

Great performance by all

Have a liking for Feyenoord so bit poor slating them for no atmosphere

If we were fucked over like they were no one would be in the ground supporting the team like they did

They reminded me of our fans in the dark days
Don't mention the dark days - Dribble won't like it!

we have been drinking with feyenoord lads before and after the game until 4am, great atmosphere in the stadium from both sets of fans, both sets of fans singing with each other in café beaurs (sp?) was quality trip.

This 6 minute clip on Feyenoord winning the Dutch League is well worth a watch....

What a week that was, but by winning the title on the 14th it gained much more grandeur and meaning. The 14th of may is the day we were bombarded by the Germans in the second world war (totally uncalled for, we had already capitulated). You can just hear the people holding in their breath at the 1-0.

Superb performance, superb trip.
Loved Rotterdam, much better than that shit hole amsterdam.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the city, it's quite different from the usual Dutch cities.

we have been drinking with feyenoord lads before and after the game until 4am, great atmosphere in the stadium from both sets of fans, both sets of fans singing with each other in café beaurs (sp?) was quality trip.

Great to hear you guys could actually enjoy a beer in the area of the stadhuisplein without any problems, normally that is the area were some knobheads are looking for a fight.

I also saw the youth league match of both teams, you guys have some quality coming up through the academy, the striker and the right winger were class acts. Here are the highlights from that match:

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think we are one centre half (and possibly one holding midfielder) away from the "finished product", but I see that Finished Product being Champions League winners. I think this team was ahead of Chelsea last season and is further ahead of them this season.

I agree with the two gaps and we might need a forward too as bit light up top if anyone gets injured. CB will be key signing for us though in the summer. I think next season we will have the almost perfect side with this seasons being good enough to challenge on all front although I still think CL is unlikely.

If you think about the number of times we got dicked by refereeing decisions (Luiz on Aguero, Milner on Sterling, Walker on Sterling etc) in big games last season, thank about how the points different between us, Spurs and Chelsea and the difference those decisions made, and factor into the equation the point that Bravo was a shambles, player for player we were a lot closer to the top two last season than the league table would have suggested. I completely agree that we are probably ahead of them now. If we were away at Chelsea tomorrow, I would be pretty confident of beating them.

If you think about the number of times we got dicked by refereeing decisions (Luiz on Aguero, Milner on Sterling, Walker on Sterling etc) in big games last season, thank about how the points different between us, Spurs and Chelsea and the difference those decisions made, and factor into the equation the point that Bravo was a shambles, player for player we were a lot closer to the top two last season than the league table would have suggested. I completely agree that we are probably ahead of them now. If we were away at Chelsea tomorrow, I would be pretty confident of beating them.

Agree with all that. I thought we were comfortably the better side both times we played them, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.