Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I don't understand this mentality, surely you plan for the future because if you wait till the stadium is full every week it is costing you money in lost revenue. I don't believe the business men at the club give a toss about emptyhad jibes like most people on here do.

Depends whether the money comes from ADUG or AD.
The rewards are some years away so I doubt ADUG would want their yearly business plan upset by a long term investment.

I don't understand this mentality, surely you plan for the future because if you wait till the stadium is full every week it is costing you money in lost revenue. I don't believe the business men at the club give a toss about emptyhad jibes like most people on here do.
It's not my point but a summary of what the club have been saying.

Keeping the capacity low will not lose money as ticket priced could be hiked. Chelsea and Liverpool have outperfomed City in terms of matchday income despite having lower capacities.

I would have expanded the North and South Stands at the same time and given some spare seats to allow for future expansion of the East and West. City could fill a 61,000 stadium next season provided that the pricing structure was right.

However I am not paying the bills.

Im not sure 3rd tier on north stand will happen?, thought we would have heard something certain by now? its been rumoured for last 3yrs with nothing confirmed by the club its even being considered??

Im not sure 3rd tier on north stand will happen?, thought we would have heard something certain by now? its been rumoured for last 3yrs with nothing confirmed by the club its even being considered??
We know it is being considered,it is in the planning permission for the first extension. So the club could decide tomorrow to give it the go ahead without any big fuss. Said this many times but I think when we here some feed back from the conultation started last February there will be news about the extension as well.

The problem with extending the North Stand to three tiers is the infrastructure behind it. The whole City Square would need to be demolished to allow the build out. I don’t think they will do it until they are ready to finish off the whole Etihad Campus, including the build out of the surrounding areas, or they get significantly more for the naming rights of the stadium.

The problem with extending the North Stand to three tiers is the infrastructure behind it. The whole City Square would need to be demolished to allow the build out. I don’t think they will do it until they are ready to finish off the whole Etihad Campus, including the build out of the surrounding areas, or they get significantly more for the naming rights of the stadium.

They should build that stand and incase city square with it so to see city square you have go through a turnstile.

Nothing in City square is particularly substantial and the stage wouldnt take much moving, as I posted above I think the consultation that is ongoing will have plans for the whole collar sight and campus including the stands, city square and bars, when we see that I'm not sure but wouldnt have thought it would be too long.

Nothing in City square is particularly substantial and the stage wouldnt take much moving, as I posted above I think the consultation that is ongoing will have plans for the whole collar sight and campus including the stands, city square and bars, when we see that I'm not sure but wouldnt have thought it would be too long.
The prelim was handed in in Feb of this year, so I wouldn’t expect it to be too long, either.

One thing that puzzles me is our official attendances are always 54 thousand but there seems to be less. Please don’t think I am on some kind of windup about empty seats or anything and if the answer is there are a large amount of season ticket holder spending a not inconsiderable amount of money and then attending some of the games then I will accept that. But who are these people? I used to get annoyed in the early 90s if I missed a game after paying £185 for 19 home games!

Anyway onwards and upwards I am enjoying this period of increased honours and attendances and the closer we get to our rivals on both these fronts the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.