Ashes 2017/18

not impressed with Woakes Root or Alis dismissals,think they have to be more conclusive than they were ,given the circumstances ,spoilt what should of been an exciting finish
very generous to Australia all three,no hotspots ,Ali front pad well down the wicket the ball outside off stump they have been straightening that ball to hit the stumps when it helped Australia as well

I only think they have better bowlers for the conditions. If we played them over here I reckon we would have every chance of beating them again. We really need a decent spinner and a genuinely quick bowler to be able to compete abroad though.

I think this is a fair point. England have won every home Ashes series since 2005 and Australia all but one home series in that time. Recent history shows home advantage counts for a hell of a lot in this fixture.

I think this is a fair point. England have won every home Ashes series since 2005 and Australia all but one home series in that time. Recent history shows home advantage counts for a hell of a lot in this fixture.
They win more emphatically at home though. We never seem to be in any game.

Well didn’t bother watching it this morning. But apparently we scored around 1 run of 4 overs? Well if our top batters go out there and just let the bowlers bowl where they want we should of gone out there to attack put the pressure back on the bowlers knock them of there lines! Score a quick 20 runs these Aussies be shi.tting it.

It’s was the type of cricket(attacking) in 2005 that won us the ashes.

Root surely doesn't believe what he is saying it is just propaganda.

We will get whitewashed unless the weather intervenes and gifts us at least one draw.

The batting is woeful and the bowling lacks penetration.

We will get whitewashed unless the weather intervenes and gifts us at least one draw.

You wouldn’t expect anything else really from Root got still be positive for moral. Bottom line out Batters have let us down we need score 350+ to put the pressure on the Aussies.

The batting has been absolutely terrible. We knew we had two or three worrying weak links in there but as it happens literally not one batsman has played at the standard required so far. cook is coming to the end of his time, Anderson is knocking on a bit, Ali is not a front line quality spinner. Could be a difficult few years ahead by the look of things.

My big worry about Root as a captain is he seems a bit tame in a period where we need fight.

I think there's a time and a place for it. Strauss and Vaughan were both a bit like that but they were both master tacticians and both were in charge of great English sides that didn't need too much motivating. But since Cook took over I reckon that we've rested on our laurels a bit and it's seeped through into the new batch of players.

I feel like we need a Hussein right now. He never had the greatest record but he turned things around as far as mentality and culture's concerned, and it laid the groundwork for Vaughan's successes later on. People talk about England lacking bottle and that was something Nasser would do everything in his powers to prevent happening.

The only problem with all that though is that compared to everyone else Joe Root is still the best candidate for captain. Nobody really fits the criteria above and at least on home soil where we have an advantage you know he can do a good job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.