Status
Not open for further replies.
As an example You’d play this:

Kdb dinho sanchez
Sterling Aguero sane

Over this:

Kdb dinho yaya
Sterling Aguero sane

I’m far from a yaya fan and think he’s done but in our system just think it’s ludicrous to play Sanchez there.

Yep,Sanchez and KDB with Fern protecting works fine for me.

Yep,Sanchez and KDB with Fern protecting works fine for me.

I have disagree mate. Maybe yaya is an extreme example but give me Gundogan or B.Silva over Sanchez in that position any day. Only benefit I could see to setting out like that is if we are chasing the game but then you’d be pushing Sanchez up into a position he’s more natural and dangerous in!

Are you mad?! Yaya played as a holding midfielder last night. You want to buy Sanchez and play him there! Mental mate.

I’m not against Sanchez at all. I’d like him at city. But if we sign him I’d like to play him in a position that makes sense! Ie one of the front three.
OK, now your posts are making sense. So the fact I mentioned Sanchez as one of a central midfield 3 leads you to believe that's where I'd suggest playing him?

OK, let's think outside the box for a moment. How about if Sanchez were available last night playing Gundogan as a pivot, with Sanchez & B Silva ahead of him????

Does that make central midfield sense to you at all?

Last edited:
Mate, Sanchez isnt a central midfielder, and i dont understand how you see him as that either. Yayas role is to be a backup defensive midfielder in the squad. Playing Sanchez in that postion is like playing Neymar in that position. He is also totally different to Silva and KDB. Pep wanted him to give us more goal threat, as Sanchez is a front 3 player. He would compete with Sane, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus if/when we sign him.

If we are looking for a replacement for Yaya, Diawara at Napoli or Weigl from Dortmund are the guys City should be looking at. But that belongs to another thread.
OK, allow me to clarify. If Sanchez were available to us last night, in my mind he'd have been on the bench.

Given that Sanchez would give us more options, he woupd have replaced the ageing Yaya in central midfield, but not played in his poisition.

Sanchez being here would have allowed us to play Gundogan deeper, with B Silva & Sanchez behind Jesus, with Yaya on the bench where his form alludes to where he should be.

This is what I mean by Sanchez replacing Yaya. It's thinking outside of the obvious that separates Guardiola from the average manager. Yaya being replaced by Sanchez allows us to shuffle the midfield accordingly & makes perfect sense to me.

Hopefully you now understand.

As an example You’d play this:

Kdb dinho sanchez
Sterling Aguero sane

Over this:

Kdb dinho yaya
Sterling Aguero sane

I’m far from a yaya fan and think he’s done but in our system just think it’s ludicrous to play Sanchez there.
Your first example is EXACTLY the way Pep is thinking & makes more sense than your example with the ageing Yaya in a position where he'd get mullered..

Are you seriously saying Sanchez couldn't play as one of two advanced midfielders behind the main striker?

Have you ever wondered why Pep probably sees football so differently to most?

Are you saying Sanchez couldn't play as one of two advanced midfielders behind a striker?

As in a 10 position, yes. As in a 6 or 8, the positions Silva and KDB play, no.

Can you explain how/why?
The one thing that confuses me about us wanting Sanchez is that his pass accuracy is appalling. Nobody in our squad, including Ederson and Mangala, has anywhere near as bad a passing accuracy as Sanchez who manages to complete about 7 in every 10 passes. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.