Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've stated above, his passing has to be taken into context of who his team mates are & what the team instructions are, & the methods of training employed.

Please refer to what Sane said about understanding KDB, & the video doing the rounds featuring Pep showing Sterling exactly how he wants him to play football in our team.

I can see the plan very clearly, but there's no shame in it if you can't...

What fucking plan?! Have you had a cup of tea with Pep and talked about Sanchez playing deeper? No!

I would bet my house that if we sign Sanchez he would play 90% of the time in one of the front 3 positions!

1) you’re not pep 2) pep hasn’t said he wants Sanchez to play in central midfield has he?

If you think Sanchez has all the attributes to play as a central midfielder then I think you have little understanding of the game. If Sanchez happens to drop deeper for Arsenal or signs for us and plays in either KDB or Silva’s role and excels then I’ll happily hold my hands up.

Also not sure what the sterling 10 example has to do with us talking about Sanchez playing as a central midfielder but hey.
What this has to do with Sanchez is Pep's vision for our team. OK, I accept you can't see it, but the fact I and others can, probably explains why this thread has nearly reached 3000 pages. I supoose this will have to be one of those, let's wait & see, but the probable plan seems pretty clear to me & always has.

What this has to do with Sanchez is Pep's vision for our team. OK, I accept you can't see it, but the fact I and others can, probably explains why this thread has nearly reached 3000 pages. I supoose this will have to be one of those, let's wait & see, but the probable plan seems pretty clear to me & always has.

So how do you think Pep will setup with Sanchez in the side? In formation terms.

Sane Jesus sterling

Sanchez silva de Bruyne

Fern

Stone walker otamendi

Ederson

What fucking plan?! Have you had a cup of tea with Pep and talked about Sanchez playing deeper? No!

I would bet my house that if we sign Sanchez he would play 90% of the time in one of the front 3 positions!
So you're putting your house on it? Done!

Honestly, I saw what our ultimate team formation would likely be long before Guardiola arrived. There's an old saying. To know where you're going, you need to know where you've been & where you're at.

It's a logical & linear progression & is clearly there when the dots are connected. Several long standing posters will attest I've long held the view that this would be a 4-1-2-3/4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3 as some will call it.

I'm as happy to call this now, as I was with our formation back when we were lumbered with a 4-4-2, & had the pedestrian Yaya as one of the two CM's. However, my house will remain the property of my family, but I'll be happy to take yours! Lol :-)

Only joking! Xmas is round the corner & Sanchez isn't here yet.... :-)

Last edited:
What I don't get is your myopic view of 'either/or', as opposed to 'as well as'.

Question: Do you believe Aguero or Jesus could play advanced midfield ahead of Fernandinho?

I'm not being myopic. I'm just saying that on balance, the potential purchase of Sanchez is exciting, but I'm not excited by the idea of playing him cm in David Silva;s place. we have other players who ought to be able to do that and maintain the balance of the team better.

Well done visionary. And where would Sanchez play in a 4-1-2-3? In fact for fun why don’t you choose the starting 6 midfielders and forwards, imagining Sanchez was in our squad now.

I have just done it see above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.