Julian Weigl

No but there is a minium pace a player has to have to be a defensive mid in the PL and that is the pace of Fernandinho.

athleticism and energy are key, no surprise the top 2 in that kind of role are Kante and Dinho and Chelsea have struggled when using Bakayoko, and the Rags have been less effective with Matic and Arsenal with Xhaka, Chelsea were also far more effective back in the day with Makelele. It can work well in Spain (see Busquets), but over here it tends to be the smaller, more energetic type who is more effective.

I don't get it. Dinho never had blinding pace, nor did he ever need to have one. Weigl is gonna slot in our side like a glove. The only thing that worries me is his fitness.

Last edited:
You really don't "need" pace to be a holding midfielder in England, just another random myth pedalled by the "England is special" brigade. Eric Dier is shit slow but got rave reviews, Matic never had much pace and has been the key player in two title winning sides, Gareth Barry is as slow as it gets and was fantastic for us. You might need pace to play the Kante style of chasing the ball like a dog but actual holding midfielders have always been about being intelligent rather than fast.

I don't get it. Dinho never had blinding pace, nor did he ever need to have one. Weigl is gonna slot in our side like a glove. The only thing that worries me is his fitness.
He certaonly is the weak link in our team If he gets injured then we would have issues. As Yaya is finished, Delph or Danilo would probably have to fill in.

Last edited:
I think delph is perfect to step in for ferny, he's got a good engine great tackler,Good at going forward and can score goals only downside are injuries but so far this season they seem to have kept away from those

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.