VAR (PL introduction 2019)

I'd disagree that it's been a disaster in the Bundesliga tbh, also imo it's greatly improved the league in Italy as the teams are now finally cutting out the petty bullshit and snide fouls and actually getting on with playing football.

Will it help improve the standard of refeeeing, knowing that there is an instant review? The current reffing in the prem is dire. (Auto correct changed this sentence to " rafting in the pram", lol.

anything involving ex ref's and mike riley is going to be questioned asked and we have all seen over the past years who they work for and controlling games

the other night vs brighton vs palace the goal that won brighton the game could have been flagged and they should have been used by VAR but the ref was only listening to the guy in the studio and never made the offer for palace to review it. it was very close and they only shown 3 angles and all shown the ball hitting the knee first but for me after the ball hit the knee it moved in the air after the movement by the player arm it was a small movement but other than wind why would the ball move

its going to even more a mess if the ref is controlling it by that i mean its up to him to call for it and if he feels he was right in the first place the VAR people will not have any power to change it so why have it in place to help the ref's it should be in place to help get the right call all the time and if a single mind ref is hell bent on give a team nothing what will change nothing

for it to work it must be done for all the goals and if the players score it takes about 1 minute to get everybody set up again so the VAR team have time to check and if the game is stopped for something like yellow and red cards or bad fouls or hand ball again it should be use to help the ref. only offsides that a goal was given can be changed you can not stop the game to check if it was offside in the first place

also clubs should have the power of VAR in the game and when the game is stopped both teams managers can watch what the ref are watching and each game has a 3 flag rule when the game is stopped and a time limit to move the game back is possible so if your manager is not happy hand uses a flag or something and when the game is stopped you go back to the flag point

anything involving ex ref's and mike riley is going to be questioned asked and we have all seen over the past years who they work for and controlling games

the other night vs brighton vs palace the goal that won brighton the game could have been flagged and they should have been used by VAR but the ref was only listening to the guy in the studio and never made the offer for palace to review it. it was very close and they only shown 3 angles and all shown the ball hitting the knee first but for me after the ball hit the knee it moved in the air after the movement by the player arm it was a small movement but other than wind why would the ball move

its going to even more a mess if the ref is controlling it by that i mean its up to him to call for it and if he feels he was right in the first place the VAR people will not have any power to change it so why have it in place to help the ref's it should be in place to help get the right call all the time and if a single mind ref is hell bent on give a team nothing what will change nothing

for it to work it must be done for all the goals and if the players score it takes about 1 minute to get everybody set up again so the VAR team have time to check and if the game is stopped for something like yellow and red cards or bad fouls or hand ball again it should be use to help the ref. only offsides that a goal was given can be changed you can not stop the game to check if it was offside in the first place

also clubs should have the power of VAR in the game and when the game is stopped both teams managers can watch what the ref are watching and each game has a 3 flag rule when the game is stopped and a time limit to move the game back is possible so if your manager is not happy hand uses a flag or something and when the game is stopped you go back to the flag point
First complaint I'd actually agree with, disgraceful from Swarbrick not to refer that even though imo he made the right call. They could send out a message by making an example of him.

Gonna get very boring listening to fans and managers every week moan about how certain decisions were not referred to by var. Then thats gonna put more pressure on refs to use more video replays.

My big problem is the fairness aspect. How is fair only certain decisions will be referred by VAR and not others. Where is the justice in that?

Will it help improve the standard of refeeeing, knowing that there is an instant review? The current reffing in the prem is dire. (Auto correct changed this sentence to " rafting in the pram", lol.

It can't be any worse than the existing system, just needs to be sped up a little on the showing of the Chelsea/Arsenal game.

Gonna get very boring listening to fans and managers every week moan about how certain decisions were not referred to by var. Then thats gonna put more pressure on refs to use more video replays.

My big problem is the fairness aspect. How is fair only certain decisions will be referred by VAR and not others. Where is the justice in that?
Fans moan about everything, including VAR now. So far the managers have praised it over here so it’s started alright. I’m not sure of the difference between managers moaning about the ref/linesmen or moaning about VAR?

The danger comes when the referees start reviewing virtually everything because they're so afraid of being shown to be wrong. No cricket umpire makes an onfield decision about a run out any more, even if it's not close. Just in case. Rugby has got a bit that way too, and the constant stoppages have started to piss people off. But in both those cases the sports are much more stop/start anyway, especially cricket, so it doesn't matter so much. Four or five 1 minute delays for football is going to be pushing it, so finding a way to overcome human nature and make the referees use it sparingly is going to be the challenge - especially as one is bound to get it wrong.

After seeing in action I'm not sure I'm for it anymore. It is a huge distraction. I hope that is purely because its new and is getting exposure. Maybe just have it for Goals to confirm no offside but then you dont get the immediate celebration and gratification of scoring a goal, you have to wait for the VAR to confirm it. Im not convinced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.