City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

There has to be somthing on limiting TV money spend for this to really affect us. There will be ways round accademy player stuff.

So what will the limitation of transfer expenses really do?

1. There will be players who can not change clubs anymore, because they will cost more than 100 million.
2. Wages will go up, as it will be the way for the big clubs to attract the best players.

It looks to me like the best players will still end up at the biggest clubs, and it will be even more difficult for smaller clubs to grow bigger. All in all nothing new it seems.

All this FFP boils down to is the fact that MCFC have now broken into the so called big 4 clubs in England of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and the rags. Now that it looks like we are here to stay, the big 4 + UEFA. are trying every under handed means to break us down, so that we will go away and not bother them ever again. It is because we are standing up to them that they are trying all the under handed measures they can think off. So I say let's go and win every trophy available this year and ram it right down their bloody throats.

Martin Samuel's more likely to be just offering his own opinion than reporting from inside knowledge, but it wouldn't be that surprising.

FFP 2.0 will cement our place among the top of European football - any form of FFP will maintain the status quo and our status quo is at the top of the table. Once this Pep side is fully built, which should be by September, we've got nothing to fear from FFP.
We won't get anywhere near having a fully stocked squad until season 2019-2020 imo, & that's when I've always said Pep should be truly judged. Anything in the meantime for me is a bonus.

I think we need a minimum of 6 players to complete our squad & with £50m being the new £20m, we can't possibly hope to achieve it from one season's turnover alone.

We knew this FFP 2.0 was coming after Neymar's transfer to PSG. This is the first time the elite have had a genuine star player taken from them in his prime, & it's obvious they weren't gonna allow it to happen again.

This is why I think our concentration is on completing our squad, with the added sprinkling of gold dust being left until this phase of our rebuilding is complete. It's the most logical plan & will leave us with a solid base for years to come.

If this version of FFP does go through, we'll be collateral damage as UEFA go after PSG. But I have a bad feeling that UEFA won't stop there. Plans for a limit of players being loaned out by clubs are apparently under consideration, & you can sure bet they'll be looking at City's football group structure.

We've been here before & should prepare ourselves for the worst & hope for the best, which is why we're getting some of our prime targets in now as opposed to in the summer.

Everyone will be pre-occupied with the World Cup, which is when UEFA will be trying to fly in FFP 2.0 under the radar.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying that if we spend £200m in one window we have to generate £110m of sales or we won't comply? If we sell a player for £150m we can then spend up to £230m is that right?

Am I right in saying that if we spend £200m in one window we have to generate £110m of sales or we won't comply? If we sell a player for £150m we can then spend up to £230m is that right?

Yeah think they saying 90m net but how we going to sell a player for 150m when that club can’t spend more than 90m net? It will mean that club will have to sell first as well it’s a shambles.

Can someone explain the new rules to me? I did not really understand, can we spend 100 million? Expenses minus income equals 100m max(on transfers) ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.