Football is fixed blog

One thing is, not all refs would be needed to be in on this. Untold arsenal although a pain has a section where they keep track of which ref does each teams game. Regularly you get 3 refs doing nearly half of a teams matches in a single season. Why don' we have enough refs for them all to do 2 games per season per team max ?

Surely somehing like Moss doing multiple crystal palace games or Taylor always getting utd games makes It easy to fix required matches

Think Prestwich_Blue did something a few years ago showing our average points off the basis of 3 refs vs the rest of pgmol. There is a reason they ave a select group
I did. I think I’ve done it up to the end of last season. You’d imagine that over the course of a number of seasons there would be no statistically significant differences between the figures for the individual refs when refereeing specific clubs. So if a club has an average of 2 points per game over 8 seasons, you would expect individual refs to show figures between 1.8 and 2.2 for games involving that clubs. Maybe 1.75 to 2.25. But there are some spectacular statistical anomalies.

Atkinson is generally OK for all the top six but there's a staggering anomaly for Dean and Arsenal. Their average PPG for all PL games from 2010/11 to 2016/17 is 1.93 but under the 27 games reffed by Dean it's 1.11. That's statistically significant and suggests something's wrong. Oliver's even worse although he's done less games (18 to Dean's 27). Jones an Moss on the other hand seem to significantly favour Arsenal.

Mason significantly favours the rags, with 2.73 PPG and Moss returns 2.53 for them compared to their overall average of 1.99.

All the rest are more or less OK and, believe it or not, Taylor is by far the most consistent across the top 6.

I did. I think I’ve done it up to the end of last season. You’d imagine that over the course of a number of seasons there would be no statistically significant differences between the figures for the individual refs when refereeing specific clubs. So if a club has an average of 2 points per game over 8 seasons, you would expect individual refs to show figures between 1.8 and 2.2 for games involving that clubs. Maybe 1.75 to 2.25. But there are some spectacular statistical anomalies.

Atkinson is generally OK for all the top six but there's a staggering anomaly for Dean and Arsenal. Their average PPG for all PL games from 2010/11 to 2016/17 is 1.93 but under the 27 games reffed by Dean it's 1.11. That's statistically significant and suggests something's wrong. Oliver's even worse although he's done less games (18 to Dean's 27). Jones an Moss on the other hand seem to significantly favour Arsenal.

Mason significantly favours the rags, with 2.73 PPG and Moss returns 2.53 for them compared to their overall average of 1.99.

All the rest are more or less OK and, believe it or not, Taylor is by far the most consistent across the top 6.
The last bit about Taylor is because he refs us against some shite reasonably but then fucks us over when it’s a complete game changers, Chelsea last year and Wigan this.
He’s a corrupt, bent, cheating, money grabbing **** I hear.

they pick their moments. They also referee in pods, which means certain refs are paired together and will work with the same few referees and linesmen with very little changes all season, even easier to get at. I've also noticed, though it's not in stats form, that these pairings sometimes will referee the same club in successive games, and that allows, if they are assigned to the correct stretch of games, for that pod to derail a team over 2/3 games.

they pick their moments. They also referee in pods, which means certain refs are paired together and will work with the same few referees and linesmen with very little changes all season, even easier to get at. I've also noticed, though it's not in stats form, that these pairings sometimes will referee the same club in successive games, and that allows, if they are assigned to the correct stretch of games, for that pod to derail a team over 2/3 games.

Think you'e talking about the 4th official being able to influence the ref due to being miked up. Then you've got refs asking, what does the TV say ...

Some of this will be under the, we didn' give them a chance to do us over, so won anyways. Seems to me that only occasionally do we get royally screwed in smaller games, they keep the bias for the top 6 matches which are close enough for them to influence

They often work with the same assistants as well.

Used to follow this guy but a lot of what he said was mumbo jumbo and when asked for evidence you never got a reply.

I certainly believe football is fixed. Does the blog detail David Gill in all this?

Football doesn't need to be fixed illicitly. It's already fixed right in the open. That's why almost every decision made in the last 30 years has been designed to get more money for the big clubs at the expense of everyone else, and then remove any threat to their established position. The latest is the Champions League seeding taking into account historical success. Notice how that concession was made pretty soon after they switched to make the league champions the automatic top seeds. Or FFP, which seemed to originate as a fairly noble idea, but was quickly taken over by the established elite as a way to remove the threat of outside investment threatening their income.

But it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility. There's a precedent. South Korea's games in the 2002 World Cup were obviously fixed with dodgy referees. It's really not a stretch to imagine various competitions ensuring that the biggest commercial draws get preferential treatment for referees in the same way. And certainly the lack of transparency throughout football doesn't exactly do much to dispel the idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.