United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definitely a pattern where Mourinho signings are often destined for another club before he nips in. Castles is normally reliable when he announces signings also but off the top of my head;

Robben, Obi Mikel & Pedro were all agreed with Rags before he took them to Chelsea.

Lukaku was agreed with Chelsea & Sanchez to us. I’m sure there are far more.

There are generally two stages to a transfer, the first bit is dealing with the player / agent (generally the easy but long winded bit) the second is the selling club (the hard bit). The rags do seem to have form in waiting for other clubs to get passed step 1 and then just diving in with late offers that add a bit more to the players package and whatever is required to get the deal done.

It seems a strange way to go about business. When clubs play a long game in a transfer you seem to get a better fit where as jumping in at the last minute can often deliver a star name who turns out to not want to be there once the dust settles. I think we did this our selves with Robinho way back, a big name who didn't really fit where as you look at how we do business now with Laporte for example. Sanchez seems to fit the jump in approach, does he want to be there? I think his agent saw the £ and twisted his arm and he agreed, he looks lost now. Fred might be a decent player but I would have thought they have bigger problems that need fixing, Mourinho has spent big on 2x midfielders already but has done nothing for their full backs who are bobbins.

but has done nothing for their full backs who are bobbins.

That's because Maureen doesn't see defenders in the same way that someone like Pep does - we play the ball out from the back, Maureen just has his players hoof it away.
No finesse, no culture, no creativity in Maureen's style: if the rules allowed it he'd just buy a big fuck-off JCB and put it on the goal line.

That's because Maureen doesn't see defenders in the same way that someone like Pep does - we play the ball out from the back, Maureen just has his players hoof it away.
No finesse, no culture, no creativity in Maureen's style: if the rules allowed it he'd just buy a big fuck-off JCB and put it on the goal line.

well, they're signing Gal Gadot at RB so they're doing something.

I’m at the point I wouldn’t care if they signed Messi as he would ultimately have to work with Mourinho and his stagnant football.

Mourinho is currently sucking the life and soul out of the club and seemingly, squad.

Long may it continue.

Maybe this post should be off topic.....but myself and rammyblues went to watch the Rolling Stones at the Swamp last night.....we sat in the South stand, the one right next to railway line....boy talk about squeezing as many sardines into a can...it's a fooking dump!!! Just sayin'

Hope the concert was shit ... removing the dilemma of having to applaud when City aren’t playing :O

I’m at the point I wouldn’t care if they signed Messi as he would ultimately have to work with Mourinho and his stagnant football.

Mourinho is currently sucking the life and soul out of the club and seemingly, squad.

Long may it continue.
Although, in 2011/12 when in charge of Madrid, his record was very similar to City's in 2017/18, scoring 132 goals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.