Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial, now aged 22: 15 goals in 70 games for Monaco, 36 in 136 for Utd. Best season for both: 9 league goals for Monaco, 11 for Utd.
Rony Lopez, age 22: Last season 15 goals in 38 league games for Monaco.

Why not skip Martial, and sign Rony Lopez ?

Or just stick with the original plan & sign Mahrez, seeing as he is capable of the same goal output but is five times better footballer than Martial ?
Consideration has to be given to the fact that Martial's issues commenced with the arrival of the player career ending Moureen. Moureen did the same to SWP, Joe Cole, Oscar, KDB, Mata etc.... The list goes on.

Moureen doesn't want eclectic, enigmatic players who play off the cuff, he wants squad system robots who he can programme to play his brand of anti-football.

If Martial was up for grabs, I'd personally be in like Flynn. Players like Martial & Rashford need to get away from managers like Moureen for the sake of their careers.

Brian Flynn? Thought he’d left Doncaster Rovers. (Sorry, mate, couldn’t resist. Personally, like you, I think Martial would be very good under a decent manager.)

I don't remember Martial looking at all special. At one point Bailey looked good but I don't remember any of their other players looking like they were in any way decent.

Sane and Martial both play on the left.

For what it’s worth I rate Martial when I have seen him but don’t watch there 0-0 draws that much.

A couple of match going fans say he flatters in the highlights and are not as bothered about him going. Although a more attack minded manager could do better with him.
Sane played on the right at Schalke and I believe he has stated before that he prefers to play on that side. He plays on the left now because it suits Pep tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.