Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a killer imo if he is at Chelsea. Fernandinho Gundogan and Delph ( i think he may be called upon a few times in the front of the defence) between them are more than enough. If Zinchenko stays i would be interested to see how he can handle that position even.

Either way we are not desperate to fill a spot that has a gaping lack of quality so it really doesn't fuss me much. If we had nobody for the position then yeah i'd be flapping a bit at the prospect of a really bad "make do" setup for that position.

He should do well with Chelsea, certainly a good mark of intent to fight back hard after dropping off the pace a bit. The sort of stuff Arsenal should be doing imo but don't seem to be.

It would appear it's nothing City have done wrong, we thought we had him. Napoli then clearly caught wind that Chelsea and Sarri would raid them so from their point of view, Jorginho and Sarri go to Chelsea and I bet we don't see any other Napoli players heading that way anytime soon. They have played a blinder really as once they knew they were losing them both they have secured the rest of their players with the one deal, if not Sarri goes Chelsea. Jorginho comes to city and they have to then start rebutting offers for other players.
While this sounds nice in theory, and would make City fans feel better, I don't think there is any teutt to it.

Napoli is not in fear of being raised. And that raiding will not stop because they sold one player to Chelsea.

They sold to Chelsea coz Chelsea offered more money. It's really that simple. It's a bottom line game. "You offer me 10? He offered me 12. I'm going with 12."

I don't think Napoli is worried about losing plAyers at all. And they won't change their mind to stop Chelsea from attempting to buy other Napoli players. It's not like Chelsea is the only team who can afford Napoli players. So appeasing Chelsea will be a silly reason to sell to them.

We differ, I think to assume that once we are interested in a player that every other club is a downgrade is remarkably arrogant. We're a great option, but certainly not the only one. Chelsea have won a lot of trophies.

There's a lot to think to about when it comes to moving country, players at a club, different managers, the style of play, position in the pecking order, I could go on.

At this point in time it's a reality. Don't mistake confidence with arrogance.

Will he have an opportunity to play in the best club competition at Chelsea? I'm fully aware of their history and it's an appealing club, for sure. But that doesn't change my opinion that we're a better option at the moment.

So we reached an agreement with Napoli and the player. Presumably a verbal contract.
Napoli realised we would not go higher. Chelsea went higher and clinched the deal, how is.this different than others we have missed out on other than us not walking away believing that the verbal contract stops them finding another buyer.
We had better remember that we set our maximum and any verbal contract is simply a fall back position should the vendor be unable to improve it.

A verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on was a Sam Goldwyn classic or was it Mayer?

Who reportedly fell out with Costa, Willian, Hazard and Luiz. Though of course we must not believe everything we read

Yes-sadly player power wins these days doesn't it? Poor Bobby Manc was a victim of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.