Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

Looked good, but let's face it Chelsea were shit, and their players are playing a brand new system that they don't look comfortable with.

Can't wait for the Arsenal game though. KdB will be right up for it, and it'll be interesting to see who plays - Dave or Bernardo, Sterling or Mahrez or Sane, will Gundogan start etc, etc. We're ridiculously strong.
Bernardo is starting. My guess is that Sane or Mahrez will go to the bench vs Arsenal

Outstanding, however Bravo must give Pep nightmares.
Same as last season, hope and pray that Ederson doesn't get injured as Bravo is a clown. That's my only area of concern, a long term Ederson injury.
Bravo was actually quite good. His only real error was fumbling a Hudson Odoi shot.

Otherwise, he was quite fantastic.

steve-mcmanaman-manchester-city_23h5vnj35nsf129ifsr4hybc8.jpg
Lol

With any luck he won’t need to do any defensive work!
He is a monster going forward and will terrify right backs across the land. His interplay with Bernardo and Mahrez was beautiful to watch.
A massive upgrade on last season’s LBs with all due respect!

Yes. I’m no expert so I guess you’re right :)

I can understand the negativity about Bravo. He always seems to have a f..k up in his locker. However, he is a good shot stopper and his distribution is first class. Some of his thirty or forty yard passes right to the feet of one of our players would do a midfielder proud. As long as we keep scoring more goals than the opposition his brain farts won’t hurt us too badly. He’s a pretty good number two to Ederson.Just need to keep Eddy wrapped in cotton wool.

Fabulous display. Totally controlled the game apart from 10-15 minute period in the first half. Mendy is going to be like a new signing basically, His runs going forward is tremendous. Foden was excellent he looked right at home in the team today. Credit were it's due to Bravo his distribution today was absolutely brilliant. Aguero was just the same Aguero putting the ball in the back of the net :) But the standout player for me was Bernardo Silva he was awesome!

We made Chelsea look like a really average outfit today...Mind you we make most teams look like that! Buzzing for this season ahead.

Brilliant performance from the lads today in a much stronger team than I thought Pep would put out.

The result was never in any doubt; it was just a matter of how big the winning margin would be.

Sergio, who was my MotM, carrying on where he left off. Bernardo and Phil very good, as was Big John, whose great interception started the move for the second goal.

It was fantastic to see so many of them already apparently up to speed and our rivals must be shitting themselves. I am looking forward to this season as much as I did the last one.

Listening to Pep's post match, he was saying what a terrible condition most are in. Blood hell ! What are we going to be like when they're
all fit and firing.

Proper boring game.

We looked nice and tidy in spells, defended well.

Chelsea were terrible!

I can see city losing a lot of forum posters this season. With this incredible team there is going to be precious little to moan about. Third choice kits , queues, and the metro aside.
I feel quite deflated when a match finishes as it is so long to the next one.

Jorginho looked awful. Even when we were chasing him I did have concerns whether his style will adapt to the pace of the premier league. Still very early days for him, and you can't judge off 1 preseason game but I am interested to see how his story turns out.

Bernardo was excellent, Aguero did what Aguero does. Mahrez looked sharp but just didn't quite have the cutting edge today. Great performance from Foden too. Laporte and Mendy were also good. We need to be a bit sharper in front of goal and with our final balls. Probably should have been 4-0, but in preseason with players just arriving back and without arguably our 2 best players, you'll take a performance like that all day long.

And Ross Barkley... Wow, talk about a career rapidly disappearing down the toilet bowl. Completely anonymous, I forgot he was on the pitch for most of match. Looked like he couldn't be assed, either that or was just completely out of his league. Till he popped up in the final 10 minutes with that cross Chelsea may as well have been playing with 10. Hard to believe how far backwards he has gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.