Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

And your point other than being both trivial and personal is?
Let me put it this way pal. Last season you could have posted in hundreds of matches and praised us to the hilt about us being centurions but not one sniff of it. You post when we get beat.
DO you get me?
See how it arouses suspicions?
Careful you don't blow your cover now as you've done really well staying under the radar but I feel your giddiness will be your undoing.
But I'll call it and say you aren't a city fan, not in a million fuckin years.

Said it last night but still think the same, on recent games it looks like we've made the same mistake as the last 2 times we won the league and not strengthened and freshened the squad in the summer.

Not bringing in a DM was a major mistake.
Ndombele looked a good player and certainly more mobile than Dhino last night.

Saw the marathon table of CL:
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...Publications/02/28/56/88/2285688_DOWNLOAD.pdf

And our stats are quite shocking. 58 games played, 25 wins, 12 draws and 21 losses.

Barcelona have twice as many losses as us but they have played 236 games in total.

Something just feels off with regards to CL and City, as supporters we don’t warm to the competition and neither do the players it seems. Maybe if we one day win it, things will be different.

My name's not full stop and you assume to know a lot about me, sorry to disappoint you I've been a blue for life as it's carried on from generation to generation in our family and I'm proud of it thank you and good night.

are you the oddfellows racing tipster? or just the same name?

I see the moaners are out in force, after the Fulham match around 15 pages of the post match thread the following day, we lose and it’s up to 41 about 10 hours later. We were shit first half, no doubt, our formation and players didn’t work but for ffs the over the top criticism fucks me right off. Leroy coming back to form, KDB and Mendy to return. Pep won’t let standards drop despite what some of you say on here, Vinny has already said the intensity is different from the last two times we won the Premiership, we will be firing again. I’m no happy clapper but to negatively critique the team after 6 games is ridiculous.

Reflecting this morning on why I wasn't actually too fussed about last night's loss, I realised this. Last year I saw City play the best football that I've seen from any of our teams, ever. Right through the season, more or less game after game. That's in about half a century of following us. I do not expect to see its like again. It was a gift, I'm astonished to have received it. I wouldn't go as far as saying “See that and then die”, not quite ready to say that, I think, but when we wrapped up the 100 points against Southampton, I thought, ok, I've been blessed, that's enough.
Now I'm a supporter, so what I think or feel doesn't matter a toss as to what goes on out on the pitch. I just hope, thought, that the players aren't in the same place in their minds. If only, minimally speaking, because they get paid very big bucks. With the exception of Raheem (and Leroy and Sergio when they came on) it looked disturbingly like it.

Saw the marathon table of CL:
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...Publications/02/28/56/88/2285688_DOWNLOAD.pdf

And our stats are quite shocking. 58 games played, 25 wins, 12 draws and 21 losses.

Barcelona have twice as many losses as us but they have played 236 games in total.

Something just feels off with regards to CL and City, as supporters we don’t warm to the competition and neither do the players it seems. Maybe if we one day win it, things will be different.
What are the stats for the past 5 seasons? I think that will be a more accurate reflection, to get to 8th in the coefficient standings tells a story, past the group stages in the last 5 seasons, semis and quarters, don’t be fooled by overall statistics.

Surely it was Pep who picked the team

Pep would have been more of an influence on the sidelines though

It looked as though the players thought the boss is away we can stroll this, its like a normal work day when the gaffers not about and people take liberties

Hopefully Pep saw that both Fernandhino and Gundogan doesn't work in the middle from his seat in the stands and that Bernado is wasted out wide.

Bernardo MOTM Saturday playing middle and it's changed I just don't get it.

You've just answer your own question..

That was Arteta's team selection and tactics on show last night..

What are the stats for the past 5 seasons? I think that will be a more accurate reflection, to get to 8th in the coefficient standings tells a story, past the group stages in the last 5 seasons, semis and quarters, don’t be fooled by overall statistics.
Valid points, but I am also thinking that the bad first seasons in CL didn't exactly help for us to warm to the competition. We were all excited when we made it to the CL, but once we were there everything fell flat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.