Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

I see the moaners are out in force, after the Fulham match around 15 pages of the post match thread the following day, we lose and it’s up to 41 about 10 hours later. We were shit first half, no doubt, our formation and players didn’t work but for ffs the over the top criticism fucks me right off. Leroy coming back to form, KDB and Mendy to return. Pep won’t let standards drop despite what some of you say on here, Vinny has already said the intensity is different from the last two times we won the Premiership, we will be firing again. I’m no happy clapper but to negatively critique the team after 6 games is ridiculous.
It's only normal on a fans forum that fans ask questions after such an unexpected terrible performance. A routine win v Fulham demands less analysis. To say the moaners are out in force is patronising when most are merely trying to fathom out whst went wrong becsuse something obviously wasnt right last night. The crowd, the lack of team understanding, jaded players, lack of spark...all needs looking at. In context though. The season is only just beginning so noone is panicking just yet. We can't ignore critical issues such as central midfield being a problem area though - and has been all through our CL years - along with left back. Areas of the pitch which keep on holding us back in this comp. Roll on Cardiff, nothing like the next game to get the positivity back.

Was there something in the air yesterday? Watched the EDS put in a lacklustre display. Then the "first" team similar. Sections of the crowd were subdued as well. Found it bizarre.

Let me put it this way pal. Last season you could have posted in hundreds of matches and praised us to the hilt about us being centurions but not one sniff of it. You post when we get beat.
DO you get me?
See how it arouses suspicions?
Careful you don't blow your cover now as you've done really well staying under the radar but I feel your giddiness will be your undoing.
But I'll call it and say you aren't a city fan, not in a million fuckin years.

Then you would be wrong and I'm not your pal.

I used to put up tips but got abused when then didn't come in so I stopped.

There again getting abused on this forum seems to be the norm and accepted if you have a different opinion.

i meant the oddfellows tipster from the papers, a name that's been around for years.

Last night was a rarity but like our other meltdowns I felt there was a lack of leadership . We do have a worrying trait that out of the blue we collectively turn to shit.

There are games where the margins can be slimmer than the game before. Sterling was a good two feet off last night but on another day could have stifled his run, the ball that deceived the goalie could have gone in. Get a goal against these kind of teams and a plât de fromage is the main sub, followed by un drapeau blanc. There are but a handful of games where we have been harried and chased - Dortmund, Liverpool and now Olympique Grenouilles - and we've been doing the chasing. There are few teams who can play at the top of their game for every single game. The biggest mistake last night was putting Bernardo on the wing! It upset the balance, didn't build on his weekend performance, and showed that any team that City put out can have a night where coping isn't an option.

Saw the marathon table of CL:
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...Publications/02/28/56/88/2285688_DOWNLOAD.pdf

And our stats are quite shocking. 58 games played, 25 wins, 12 draws and 21 losses.

Barcelona have twice as many losses as us but they have played 236 games in total.

Something just feels off with regards to CL and City, as supporters we don’t warm to the competition and neither do the players it seems. Maybe if we one day win it, things will be different.
What are the stats for the past 5 seasons, think that will be a more accurate reflection, to use the phrase “quite shocking” is ridiculous.
Valid points, but I am also thinking that the bad first seasons in CL didn't exactly help for us to warm to the competition. We were all excited when we made it to the CL, but once we were there everything fell flat.
its a tough competition and we always drew very good teams like Bayern, Real and even Pot 4 team Dortmund. We have seen some great games, Barca at home, Monaco and Napoli included. However as you say some fans just don’t warm to the competition which surely permeates to the playes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.