Adrien Rabiot

after watch ndombele for the first time I think I prefer ndombele
Indeed but when your talking 50m+ difference and having to possibly replace 2/3 players in the next couple years. It will be interesting.

I can see us breaking the bank for Frenkie but Ndombele, not sure.

I don't honestly understand all the negativity around this transfer. Acquiring a player of Rabiot's quality on a free would be a ridiculously good deal. He is a fine fine player, reminds me of Emmanuel Petit in his prime at the Gooners.

Bring him in and then prepare for a mega swoop on Frenkie De Jong.

If we can get him in on a free transfer its some doing. Fernandhino aint going to last forever. I think its a no brainer to try and sort it out. I think we could well have him as our long term midfielder which is a good thing. We could get 8 years out of this lad easy. We need to make sure that whoever Pep now brings in they need to replace Fernandhino and David Silva. We have Kompanys replacement in already in Laporte for me the next big 1 is Aguero and try and find those goals may cost us big.

I don't honestly understand all the negativity around this transfer. Acquiring a player of Rabiot's quality on a free would be a ridiculously good deal. He is a fine fine player, reminds me of Emmanuel Petit in his prime at the Gooners.

Bring him in and then prepare for a mega swoop on Frenkie De Jong.
I think many people is doubtful about this signing, if he will be the only midfielder signing in the next two transfer windows, simply because most prefer Neves, De Jong or Ndombele who are all younger and also play deeper than Rabiot. There are also some rumors that Rabiot has asked PSG not to play DM (which is what we need). If we only sign one midfielder it should be the best midfielder available on the market, even if we had to pay 50m+. Rabiot is good, but is he good enough and would he be a better fit than Neves/Frenkie/Ndombele?

Reactions: kun
I'm not sure what the purpose of Rabiot is, even for free. He's been kept out of the France squad because of his constant complaining that he would prefer playing the eight rather than the six, so he's leaving PSG to come replace Fernandinho? The only thing he does for us is block Foden and shunt Bernardo off to right wing.

There's something really goofy about this one and I mean that in the best way possible. He's got the talent, ability, skills, all that cliched shit in abundance. No doubt. We do our due diligence...maybe in excess.. so attitude issues...positional issues...playing time issues...wages..wont be a problem. If we pull the trigger he'll be on the exact same page that we are. Book that 100%. We're ran exceptionally well. He's my third choice but after doing my research on the player I'm fine with that. Maybe my darkhorse #1 because I'm arrogant like that :-)

Last edited:
Do you think he'd be more suited to the Mickey's?

yes :(

Admittedly my personal style + preference is more of a klopp than a guardiola but I'd have Pep over Klopp given the choice. I think there's always a balance to be struck.

(46 edits + I'm finally happy :-)

Last edited:
I’d prefer Zinchenko in midfield. At least to be tried before we get another midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.