Jadon Sancho

It was the right move for him and his stats are ridiculous!!

I think the whole issue started as we wanted to buy Sanchez meaning he did not see him getting opportunities. This was probably reinforced with him not being picked to go on tour.

There is obviously a player there and the club need to look back and see if anything can be done in hindsight, which would have allowed the club to keep the player whilst still giving the same development opportunities for the player.

The PL is a very hard division, for example Liverpool so far have had a near perfect start with no defeats and the only points dropped against the other 2 best teams. We are being pushed and therefore have to play the team we feel is most likely to get 3 points in all games.

We may not simply have the same flexibility a team like Dortmund has. A part of there business may involve getting the odd high value sale of a player. Our whole model is about trophies and this is not considered, so there is different pressures.

Those who feel the kid did us wrong are entitled to there opinions, it differs to mine and I also understand if Diaz does not sign.

The academy obviously provided Sancho with a great education, so I don’t think ultimately it will mean players are put off. Sancho with his sell on clause plus initial 8 million means the academy will have done well out of the deal.

Good post. I wish the lad well, personally. I don’t have the energy to bear grudges, I find. And actually I think there’s no grudge to be born. If Brahim leaves in the same way, I’ll be disappointed, though. This is a lad of great talent, with beautiful balance and pace.

I think the whole issue started as we wanted to buy Sanchez meaning he did not see him getting opportunities. This was probably reinforced with him not being picked to go on tour.
I think you've got your cause and effects back to front.

I thought we weren't linked with Sanchez until the Summer of 2017, Sancho had presumably already turned down his contract offer due to our refusal to guarantee playing time by then which would explain why we were interested in Sanchez.

He didn't go on tour because he'd already made it clear that he was leaving that Summer.

I really hope Diaz stays as well.

I do consider his position to be different from Sancho has he has been fully implemented within the first team squad.

His own place in the dressing room, all the training, meetings etc. He is well liked by the looks of things and got friends with established 1st team players. So he has truly moved from the academy to 1st team squad. He just doesn’t get game time.

I also know he is being mentored by David Silva which is an education no other club could better. Especially when you add in being coached by Pep and his staff.

I’m sure the contract on the table would be a substantial increase on what he currently gets and provide him a fantastic lifestyle.

My point was if he did not sign to go somewhere for 1st team football, I would consider this to be a move made as he felt it was in his best interest. It would not be something done in anyway to be anti City.

Due to being a local boy and in my view the better player, the emphasis does seem to be on getting Foden additional minutes in PL matches once games are won. If it was not for Foden potentially Diaz would be getting these and that maybe part of his consideration. That we need to find a way to in bed to 2 academy players into the team for him to get in and so far we have yet really to do one.

I think you've got your cause and effects back to front.

I thought we weren't linked with Sanchez until the Summer of 2017, Sancho had presumably already turned down his contract offer due to our refusal to guarantee playing time by then which would explain why we were interested in Sanchez.

He didn't go on tour because he'd already made it clear that he was leaving that Summer.

Without knowing the inner workings of the club it is hard to know. I think contact with Sanchez’s camp plus possibly other targets in that position would have been made before the summer.

I also think that if the clubs aim was to get Sancho involved than it would have been a big change to go from him to an established first team player who would be amongst the best paid in the squad. With the long term planning the club do, I don’t see it. I think they would have gone for another highly rated youngster who they would give league cup games and odd minutes to.

That all said I know sweet FA, just reports I have read and my understanding of the situation. You could well be right as could I. It is why I don’t really understand why some would be against Sancho as it’s hard to think he did anything other than what he felt was in his best interest.

City have done ok out of it, they brought him for very cheap and sold for 8 million. We have apparently the option to match any bid and 20% sell on clause. If he becomes a 80 million pound player at Dortmund for example and we want him the overall cost to us is 56 million. If not and someone else does we have made 24 million on him. It’s not as ideal as it could be, but it’s far from a disaster for me.

Trying to make out Sancho left us for Dortmund for more money is just inaccurate and low.

We offered him 30k a week which was huge for a 17 year old. He nearly signed because hey who wouldn’t be seduced by that kind of cash. But in the end he joined Dortmund for more playing time and what he must have believed was the better option for his long term future.

He’s unquestionably made the right decision.

Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t come back in the future however.
Without a doubt he made the right decision, fair fucks to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.