Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I think the 'Pep talk' was more about his chance at 2-0.

He managed to boil as much piss as he took at the end there, superb!

Reactions: mat
Anyone else surprised by the sheer number of articles talking about Sterling "showing off" and Sterling's "disrespectful taunting" and about the Guardiola "blowing up" at Raheem?

I'm surprised that a nothing incident has had entire articles written about it. Sterling was basking in the derby win and United hadn't touched the ball for an eternity while the crowd was doing Olés as Sterling, Sane, And Foden held the ball. He went for showmanship (ill-advised) for about 2 seconds and then created a corner. His manager quickly had a word with him about it and then congratulated him on playing an amazing match.

What is the big deal exactly? What is it about Sterling that really irks the media?

He did nothing wrong. Only thing pep was probably concerned about was the chance of one of their cloggers giving him a kick

Nothing more disrespecful than that dressage pony taking a penalty.

Awaiting "Rift" story after Pep bollocked him for showboating...

Here you go:

Dryg5ikX4AE0IYy

I think the 'Pep talk' was more about his chance at 2-0.

He managed to boil as much piss as he took at the end there, superb!

I think it might well have been that as well. The way Guardiola put his arms out, straightened them, did a moving motion slightly to the right seemed to imply that it was about the scoring chance. Rather than take it in its stride and shoot, Sterling just hesitated and checked back onto his right foot.

It might have been a conversation about both incidents, but I agree with you; I do think part of it was about the chance.

Still, he had an incredible match and instead of giving the guy whom they've been targeting in the press for the last 3 years, the media has chosen focus on his "disrespect". Some of this is bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.