Chelsea - Blue on Blue (again)..

The accent thing really resonates with me. I am 26 years old and have no family history or ties to Manchester whatsoever. I live over 4 hours away from Manchester yet I have supported city for as long as I can remember. The reason why I started supporting city was simple, I wanted to be different, everyone down here supports united or Liverpool and I didn’t want to be like them. I can remember watching the derby game at Maine road on tv when beckham scored a free kick thinking to myself I like that blue team.

My first city game in person was away at Chelsea in 2003 when I was 10. My dad got us tickets in the Chelsea end and we lost the game 5-0, I was crying into my hands as Chelsea fans around me consoled me. After the game I found myself by the city coach as Shaun goater came over and signed my programme, I still have that programme framed in my house.

I have over the years had many city fans call me a plastic or a glory hunter or cockney with my favourite being at an away game at Sunderland. It takes 6 and half hours to get to Sunderland from where I live and the kick off was lunchtime on a Sunday yet apparently according to some “proper”blue I wasn’t welcome or a proper fan.

I have been diagnosed with borderline perosnsility disorder and suffer with severe aniexty and when I feel able mentally I go to as many games as my health allows, I went to the home game against Bournemouth and only lasted 25 minutes before my aniexty got the better of me and I had to leave.

This brings me to my point, I sometimes feel intimated and like I don’t belong or deserve to support city because I’m not from Manchester this is particularly bad at away games. I really appreciate the local fans who have supported city through thick and thin all the history of this great club. I know people won’t understand why I support city but I genuinely feel so much love for this club they have given me so many happy memories both on and off the pitch.

I apologise for the long message and I hope I have articulated my point in a manner people can understand I struggle with stuff like this but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks

Kudos mate, seriously hope that you can overcome your anxiety in time. As for knob head's having a pop at your accent try not to take it to heart, honestly shit like that isn't worth worrying about.

I was really shaken up at the last game I attended when a rapscallion street urchin castigated me for not sounding like Shaun Ryder. It really knocked my self confidence.

Thankfully, I’ve since taken some elocution lessons:

Have you thought about working on your walk?
BBpWTy5CcAAIz6I.jpg

The accent thing really resonates with me. I am 26 years old and have no family history or ties to Manchester whatsoever. I live over 4 hours away from Manchester yet I have supported city for as long as I can remember. The reason why I started supporting city was simple, I wanted to be different, everyone down here supports united or Liverpool and I didn’t want to be like them. I can remember watching the derby game at Maine road on tv when beckham scored a free kick thinking to myself I like that blue team.

My first city game in person was away at Chelsea in 2003 when I was 10. My dad got us tickets in the Chelsea end and we lost the game 5-0, I was crying into my hands as Chelsea fans around me consoled me. After the game I found myself by the city coach as Shaun goater came over and signed my programme, I still have that programme framed in my house.

I have over the years had many city fans call me a plastic or a glory hunter or cockney with my favourite being at an away game at Sunderland. It takes 6 and half hours to get to Sunderland from where I live and the kick off was lunchtime on a Sunday yet apparently according to some “proper”blue I wasn’t welcome or a proper fan.

I have been diagnosed with borderline perosnsility disorder and suffer with severe aniexty and when I feel able mentally I go to as many games as my health allows, I went to the home game against Bournemouth and only lasted 25 minutes before my aniexty got the better of me and I had to leave.

This brings me to my point, I sometimes feel intimated and like I don’t belong or deserve to support city because I’m not from Manchester this is particularly bad at away games. I really appreciate the local fans who have supported city through thick and thin all the history of this great club. I know people won’t understand why I support city but I genuinely feel so much love for this club they have given me so many happy memories both on and off the pitch.

I apologise for the long message and I hope I have articulated my point in a manner people can understand I struggle with stuff like this but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks

Many thanks for your post mate. I'm a lifelong City fan myself. Season ticket holder as a kid growing up in manc in the 90s and early 00s before moving to Ireland. My accent has therefore practically gone now over time so its strange that I probably experience the same feeling of indifference to the local game goers now. I don't feel as if I need to or should have to explain to anyone why or when or how I became a City supporter. At the end of the day its my own personal choice and a proud part of my internal identity if you know what I'm at. I hope that you will try and get to as many games as possible and not be put off by the odd arsehole coz we all know that that's just a reflection of society in general. CITY is for everyone and it's what's in your heart and head that counts.

Let me just say, before I start, I'm no shrinking violet and I understand that the dynamics on away match days involve a few beers, banter & a certain "edge" to the day. I also understand that there's a bit of an undercurrent that has developed amongst us for the London games, the perception being too many cockney accents and tourists amongst our away support etc.

However, the complete tool that me and my mrs encountered on Saturday deserves calling out for the knob he was on the day. Apologies, if this is long-winded but I'm going to tell it as is it.

So, we arrived late, Row 16 Upper Shed, having underestimated the travel time from Twickenham (where our hotel was - we DON'T live there) to the ground and spent 90 mins in a cab travelling 9 miles. Schoolboy error. When we get to our seat there was someone standing in it, leaving us one space between us. So, I asked if he'd mind moving to his own seat so I could watch the match from the seat I'd paid £30 for. So, this muppets first comment was "what time do you call this you cockney twat?". Swiftly followed by some comment about the City coat my "woman" of a Mrs was wearing. So, a bit taken aback, I asked him again to move, at which point he put his face in mine and said "fucking make me, I'll take your fucking head off". At this point, too everyone's credit around me, he was told in no uncertain terms to do one. This was the flash point for him to start throwing pretty pathetic punches at everyone in his vicinity. His lad got involved, as did the two others with him. The "older" lads behind us kept them all at arms length whilst the pushing and shoving went on. A kid to our left ended up on the floor between the seats as the dickheads hurled insults and gave it the big one to fellow Blues. Eventually, they were removed by the stewards but carried on giving it large all the way down to the exits below us. A younger lad amongst them had a parting shot at my Mrs, aggressively pushed her having asked her "what the fuck are you looking at woman?". Nice touch, knobhead.

I was born in Sale, raised in Altrincham, and moved to Leicester for work some 35 years ago, at 19 years old. In those days we used to hitch-hike our way around the country, getting into all sorts of scrapes on the way, but loved every minute of it, coz it's City. OK, so my "Manc" accent has probably been "Southernised" over the years living down here, but that shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to anyone. Every match is an away match for us Seasoncard holding ex-pat Mancs, who end up living the length and breadth of the country for whatever reason. Me and the Mrs were in Kharkiv, we were in Lyon, we go wherever we can to support my boyhood club. We meet up with the Brooklands lads, my mates from Sale, even a few lads off here. We enjoy the away days for what they are. A few sherberts, great company, catching up with old friends. We don't need to get tanked up, snort the shit you obviously do and we don't pick fights with FELLOW BLUES.

So, my message to the dicks who took exception to us on Saturday, is come to the South Stand Level 1 on Saturday, we'll be in 116, as we always are. Lets have a beer at half-time, you can meet all MY mates and we'll have a discussion about who's the bigger Manc. Maybe have a game of cock conkers to see who's got the bigger balls. Either way, after our discussion, maybe you'll grow up, learn to respect the Blues around you and actually support the team on away days. Otherwise, one day, you never know, it might just come back and bite you on your scabby arses..

Thanks for listening.

So you were in no way aggressive when you arrived 20 mins late and you asked the people to move politely.

So you were in no way aggressive when you arrived 20 mins late and you asked the people to move politely.

Unless you consider "I think you're in my seat mate, can you move up one?" aggressive? Why would I aggressive be anyway? You think I barged my way through everyone and shouted my mouth off, when I'm with my better half? No, I didn't, hence my post.

So, as you know how late we arrived, because I didn't mention 20 minutes in my post, were you in that group?

Unless you consider "I think you're in my seat mate, can you move up one?" aggressive? Why would I aggressive be anyway? You think I barged my way through everyone and shouted my mouth off, when I'm with my better half? No, I didn't, hence my post.

So, as you know how late we arrived, because I didn't mention 20 minutes in my post, were you in that group?
You'll always get ****s mate even at home games too, When I was in 118 a few lads from different stands would come and stand in the row in front of me, Didn't really bother me until they actually told two lads who's seat they were stood in front of to fuck off and stand somewhere else. These two were about 10 stone wet through up against 7 or 8 big lads in this group. From what I remember it took some other lads from the back of me to have a word, but it went on for a few months. Tossers.

e a

No, had to dip out at the last minute but I know them well.
They have a slightly different version but I wasn't there.
One thing for sure none of them were on drugs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.