Neighbors at xmas

I’m very uneducated and no idea what sentience means ? We are omnivorous, fact, but I’m a reaist and I’m not sure how we survive without commercial farming.

Neither am I, but what I have read is that pain is extremely pirimitve, which means you needn't be able to do algebra to feel horrific experiences.

So you think the sentience of a single cell organism is the same as a 100 billion neuron brain in a human? The moral worth of which are the same?
No, no more than I see the sentience of a chicken the same as a human's.
The moral worth is either the same across all forms of life or not, picking and choosing is just trying to justify your own actions and claim the moral high ground.
You're the one claiming it's right, correct and moral to kill certain forms of life and not others, not me.

No, no more than I see the sentience of a chicken the same as a human's.
The moral worth is either the same across all forms of life or not, picking and choosing is just trying to justify your own actions and claim the moral high ground.
You're the one claiming it's right, correct and moral to kill certain forms of life and not others, not me.
Well if that works for you then great.
Isn't the whole idea that there is a spectrum? You are the one saying everything is the same so presumably you can be fine with all kinds of treatment to all kinds of species.

Well if that works for you then great.
Isn't the whole idea that there is a spectrum? You are the one saying everything is the same so presumably you can be fine with all kinds of treatment to all kinds of species.
Yeah, I am pretty much. I'm also not the one telling people their diet is evil and immoral on here.

I’ve got semi-sentient Liverpool fans on both sides (neither of whom are scousers). I’ll check on the old guy with the funny eye and cute topiary across the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.