Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
when he first broke into the team i though here`s a must buy an England first teamer for the next decade, he may well still be that but i do not see much improvement, and he certainly will not challenge [ if fit ] Mendy who is only slightly older

Mendy is very overrated imo. He can’t defend and looks clueless when he has to - although he is fantastic in the opposition half, the best in the prem. We need a more we’ll rounded LB for certain opposition and maybe this is the guy

Mendy is very overrated imo. He can’t defend and looks clueless when he has to - although he is fantastic in the opposition half, the best in the prem. We need a more we’ll rounded LB for certain opposition and maybe this is the guy
I always pick English players if it is even close but Mendy from Lyon and Ghoulam from Napoli both have been more impressive against us Dortmund have a player on loan from Real that is starting to make waves and Grimaldo is still available, and all these would be cheaper

Whilst he’s a good player, I think Mendy is better than him.

Moreover, Leicester will presumably want a figure close to what we paid for Mahrez, which is quite frankly preposterous.

If we are to target a young British full-back, I’d prefer to see us go after Wan-Bissaka. He’s a year younger than Chilwell and the brighter prospect of the two in my view.

So we can have more than four association-trained players among our eight nominees on List A?
No they wouldn't. It's a minimum of 4 association trained players, not a maximum. If anything, signing chilwell would free up room for manoeuvre elsewhere in the squad.

Just to put this to bed (unless I screw it up) you can have a maximum of 25 in the squad plus the (pretty much unlimited) youth players, you don't have to have 25 of course.

Of those 25 a maximum of 4 can be counted as Club Trained, if you have 5 for instance then 1 would have to be counted as either one of the 4 Association Trained players or if you also have 4 of them (taking up the first 8 slots) then they would have to go on the open list of 17. So you could have 25 Club Trained players but only 4 count as such and the other 21 would fill the rest of the slots.

Just to be awkward if you don't have a full 25 then the numbers change slightly in terms of homegrown.

Just to put this to bed (unless I screw it up) you can have a maximum of 25 in the squad plus the (pretty much unlimited) youth players, you don't have to have 25 of course.

Of those 25 a maximum of 4 can be counted as Club Trained, if you have 5 for instance then 1 would have to be counted as either one of the 4 Association Trained players or if you also have 4 of them (taking up the first 8 slots) then they would have to go on the open list of 17. So you could have 25 Club Trained players but only 4 count as such and the other 21 would fill the rest of the slots.

Just to be awkward if you don't have a full 25 then the numbers change slightly in terms of homegrown.

That makes more sense than the UEFA site mumbo jumbo. Cheers. Tbh, the only reason I checked the site it was because somebody came on here and said we couldn't sign another home grown player, which made no sense at all.

Chillwell is a great option.

He will fit in straight away, he can Li k.up, play & pass oh & can fucking defend unlike Mendy.

The jury is still out for me on Mendy, he is injured again ok unlucky but when he played this year he was definately more of a 6 than an 8 out of 10.

The shape wasn't good & his defending was poor.

Untill we see a full fit Mendy who puts more into the game than Twatter then I will give full sp

Why would Chilwell come here?

He isn't better than a fully fit rampaging Mendy so there's a high probability it'll stall his career.

Why would Chilwell come here?

He isn't better than a fully fit rampaging Mendy so there's a high probability it'll stall his career.

Yep plus can't see us going for any new left back with us having mendy and plenty of other options in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.