The Boxing thread

Get him and Katie Taylor back to Dublin for a big show soon. Good fighter and will have some good fights his way.

I read that due to something linked to MTK Global there is low likelihood of any big boxing events in Dublin anytime soon

I read that due to something linked to MTK Global there is low likelihood of any big boxing events in Dublin anytime soon
Yeah, MTK have links to criminal gangs over here, Doheny is an MTK boxer as well so hard to see it happening.

Seen Liam Smith signed for matchroom last night. Frank is already short of big names and struggling to fill his BT slots. He did a great job of helping get Liam two world title shots but I think its the right time to move now especially with a big money cash out fight against Kell on the cards.

Seen Liam Smith signed for matchroom last night. Frank is already short of big names and struggling to fill his BT slots. He did a great job of helping get Liam two world title shots but I think its the right time to move now especially with a big money cash out fight against Kell on the cards.

Either a sign that Hearn has given up on Khan or he's trying to give him a kick up the arse. Brook won't make half the money against Smith as he would Khan but I guess Brook is probably so pissed off with Khan that he won't be arsed.

Edit: Also the timing is a bit awkward as Brook last fought in December and Smith is due to fight March 30th in Liverpool. Unless Brook has another tick over fight in the Spring then they fight late summer.

Either a sign that Hearn has given up on Khan or he's trying to give him a kick up the arse. Brook won't make half the money against Smith as he would Khan but I guess Brook is probably so pissed off with Khan that he won't be arsed.

Edit: Also the timing is a bit awkward as Brook last fought in December and Smith is due to fight March 30th in Liverpool. Unless Brook has another tick over fight in the Spring then they fight late summer.

Khan is going to get sparked by Crawford and even Eddie Hearn would struggle selling Brook Khan on the back of that especially after a pretty dull performances from Kell in december.

Its a 3 fight deal so I imagine he will be having a euro/fringe level fight before anything big anyway. And I think it will be the same with Kell

Khan is going to get sparked by Crawford and even Eddie Hearn would struggle selling Brook Khan on the back of that especially after a pretty dull performances from Kell in december.

Its a 3 fight deal so I imagine he will be having a euro/fringe level fight before anything big anyway. And I think it will be the same with Kell
Say something about khan the yanks love him

If Khan fights Crawford, Hearn will sack him off. He only signed him to make the Brook fight. I agree, the public aren't half as arsed about those two fighting at this stage as the media are trying to portray. Both look a bit past it and both performed pretty poorly last time out.

Yeah the links to the crime gang here won't ever go away and it's sad to see. If there was a fight in Dublin it will cost too much for security if a MTK fighter is involved. It's sad but there paying the fighters money. Some of the deals are crazy but the fighters are sleeping with the sharks. I don't think Taylor is involved with them so nothing stopping her having fight here.

So the rumours are that Wilder v Fury 2 is happening and AJ will go to America to fight Miller. Talk of Klitschko fighting Whyte and Usyk v Povetkin. Whilst they're all good fights, I think Hearn and Matchroom will get torn apart if these happen. If I was Whyte and I see AJ going to America I reckon it's time to sack off Matchroom even if he headlines Wembley in April.

So the rumours are that Wilder v Fury 2 is happening and AJ will go to America to fight Miller. Talk of Klitschko fighting Whyte and Usyk v Povetkin. Whilst they're all good fights, I think Hearn and Matchroom will get torn apart if these happen. If I was Whyte and I see AJ going to America I reckon it's time to sack off Matchroom even if he headlines Wembley in April.
The Klitschko Whyte thing is just the media taking a throwaway comment from Whyte and getting overexcited, Wlad has already said he's retired and not coming back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.