Prince Philip involved in car crash

Nope. They have no choice. The airlines retire them on safety grounds. There was a study done a few years ago that scientists proved that drivers over 75 had poorer reactions than younger drink drivers who were twice the legal alcohol limit. Obviously the tests were done on a simulator and not under real road conditions but they were accurate none the less.
That's what the airline authorities apply for commercial pilots (65 according to google but you said early 60s) but that's because there's public liability to think about from the airline's perspective. According to this https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP 1397 APR16.pdf (page 11) a private individual can keep his pilot licence but has to self-declare their fitness every 3 years after hitting 70. There's no maximum age.

In terms of reactions, they deteriorate much earlier than people think. An experienced driver should accommodate for decreasing abilities - I know I do and I'm only half Phil's age. This should be picked up on in a test. The crucial issue is that it's different for each individual. Just assuming someone of a certain age is less capable than someone of a lower age doing the same thing is incorrect. A test is the right way to go, however I would expect more 98yo people to fail than pass.

5n2p.jpg

Ah yes very dangerous junction that private drive that the Duke uses.
Is not a private drive if you look on google maps, its actually a B road joining an A road, doesn't look particularly dangerous looking at google street images (bored at work last night).

Eyewitness report was that his Range Rover was T- Boned while it was joining the carriageway from a private drive/road. That being the case then it would seem that it was indeed his fault.
I didn't say it was his fault, that's for the police to investigate, but see above its not a private drive/road.

Have found a good meme but can’t upload. You would have loved it.

Any chance the site gets an upgraded function to allow uploads without all the fucking about? The

Have found a good meme but can’t upload. You would have loved it.

Any chance the site gets an upgraded function to allow uploads without all the fucking about? The
Copy the url, then click on the img button on here (the one immediately below the A with small up and down arrows beside it). Paste the url into the box that appears, then click "insert". Robert should then be your father's brother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.