Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

If we're making up targets I'd love to see us really test Bayern's resolve on Kimmich. He can play RB and CDM so we can use him in both roles while Fernandinho ages out and he's a fantastic player. Likely would cost a fortune, but if we're gonna break the bank I'd rather it be on him.

If we're making up targets I'd love to see us really test Bayern's resolve on Kimmich. He can play RB and CDM so we can use him in both roles while Fernandinho ages out and he's a fantastic player. Likely would cost a fortune, but if we're gonna break the bank I'd rather it be on him.
I think we are best off leaving bayern alone.
They don't like us as it is and if we go after their players they may do the same with us - they have 2 wingers who are close to retirement and we have a young German winger they have already been interested in.

I've been impressed with Aleix Garcia and Douglas at Girona, they are also both very young, I think they can do the business in the less important games, let Dinho play the high profile games.

De Jong gone, Neves and Ndombele are too expensive. The club should be smart, bring back these two. Give Girona more of our talents they seem to impress when given time; Roberts has looked good when given time, he just keeps getting long term injuries stalling his progress, seems an injury prone player. Maybe we send Ian Carlo Poveda there (if he isn't integrated into 1st team), he is half-spanish as well, and should suit there game of 3-4-3.

Which is the "silly money" bit. Big money on the other hand, which we have paid for Laporte etc etc is certainly doable.

Well we just refused to pay big money for de Jong. Around 70 mill or so. Plus stupid wages.

I’m happy we are not letting players and clubs take the piss. We need to be spotting the Neves of this world and paying the price the Wolves of this world pay because every time some club pays ridiculous fees the cost of everything goes up.

And from the de Jong reports it seems we really are drawing the line, particularly when it comes to wages.

I've been impressed with Aleix Garcia and Douglas at Girona, they are also both very young, I think they can do the business in the less important games, let Dinho play the high profile games.

De Jong gone, Neves and Ndombele are too expensive. The club should be smart, bring back these two. Give Girona more of our talents they seem to impress when given time; Roberts has looked good when given time, he just keeps getting long term injuries stalling his progress, seems an injury prone player. Maybe we send Ian Carlo Poveda there (if he isn't integrated into 1st team), he is half-spanish as well, and should suit there game of 3-4-3.
But we've already got Gundogan, Stones or Delph who can ask play against weaker opposition. Not sure those two you mention are an upgrade tbh

With you 100% there. He would be a magnificent signing. If only ...

Well we just refused to pay big money for de Jong. Around 70 mill or so. Plus stupid wages.

I’m happy we are not letting players and clubs take the piss. We need to be spotting the Neves of this world and paying the price the Wolves of this world pay because every time some club pays ridiculous fees the cost of everything goes up.

And from the de Jong reports it seems we really are drawing the line, particularly when it comes to wages.

Apparently De Jong will be getting £270k a week wages. Now I see why we didn’t get him.

Insane amount for an unproven player with virtually zero big game experience.

Apparently De Jong will be getting £270k a week wages. Now I see why we didn’t get him.

Insane amount for an unproven player with virtually zero big game experience.

Unless something changes, it's going to become very difficult for us to maintain the kind of squad we have now, as we'll have to pay the top 11 a disgusting amount of money in order to keep up with the teams who regularly inflate the transfer market.

When you include transfer fees, the price of having 2 top players for each position is likely to become more than we can afford, which is why we should be prioritising getting players to sign for & develop from the academy imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.