Spurs (H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that necessarily means handball.It has to be deliberate. Way I see it the ball was going to hit him anyway and go in. The faintest of touches on his arm did not make a difference
The current rule is 'deliberate'. Next year's rule doesn't have to be deliberate. UEFA refs have been issued with a Directive which effectively tells refs they must enforce next year's rule this year. A ref mate of mine told me about this six months ago.

Yesterday, Peter Walton said 'Can't disallow the goal because it doesn't hit his hand.'

Today, on TalkSHITE, Mark Halsey explained the current handball rule, next year's rule and the Directive issued by the head of UEFA that refs must/should not give handballed goals - even if there's no intent. Halsey says 'Should have been ruled out' and believes that the ref cannot have seen the behind the goal footage showing Llorente's flesh rippling as the ball hits his arm.

I would definitely rest Vinny and play Stones and Laporte.

I’m hoping Zinchenko is fit, but that seems unlikely. I wouldn’t mind seeing Danilo get a run. I think Fern will start, and I’d rest Merlin and play Bernardo in the middle with Raz and Leroy on the wings.

Come on you blue boys. This is it. The title is on the line. We have to win, and I’m confident we will.

The current rule is 'deliberate'. Next year's rule doesn't have to be deliberate. UEFA refs have been issued with a Directive which effectively tells refs they must enforce next year's rule this year. A ref mate of mine told me about this six months ago.

Yesterday, Peter Walton said 'Can't disallow the goal because it doesn't hit his hand.'

Today, on TalkSHITE, Mark Halsey explained the current handball rule, next year's rule and the Directive issued by the head of UEFA that refs must/should not give handballed goals - even if there's no intent. Halsey says 'Should have been ruled out' and believes that the ref cannot have seen the behind the goal footage showing Llorente's flesh rippling as the ball hits his arm.
So they've got a rule book which says one thing but in practise they are doing another? Crazy.

Sterling been playing alot of games recently, I'm one of his biggest fan but let's give him some rest.

Hopefully there will have been some defensive training this week.
I have a tip, instead of passing to the opposition to shoot in range of our goal, put it into row K at the half way line.

Ederson
Danilo
Otamendi (Zin on left if fit)
Stones
Laporte
Fernandinho
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Jesus
Sane

Danilo, Ota, Fern, Stones, Mahrez, Gaby and Leroy - all relatively fresh and sufficient calibre. But Mahrez needs rocket inserting up rectum and to understand this is a game to win.
Laporte in to get his confidence back.
Mendy rested so as not to overwork his injury.
KDB - should ideally be rested but we need him to drive us on.
Leroy - don’t understand why he’s not getting more game time.

Get Foden on for a decent spell if it’s going well.

2-0 or 3-0.

Last edited:
still think it will be even harder on saturday vs spurs and with being down and out the players will be feeling it in body and mind as for spurs they will be over the moon, the only saving grace is they are not in with a chance of the title so maybe putting all their eggs into one basket and they rest players ?? but sometimes the players coming in have something to prove and play very well and give it 110% so city have to be fully loaded and go for it

It’s a risk but Spurs will be flatter than us, I think. They had their cup final on Wed, will be dog tired and their squad is stretched a lot tighter than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.