Game of Thrones (season 8)

On a similar note: does anyone think any of these actors are going to have significant careers post GoT? Maybe I'm just projecting the shit writing onto them but I haven't been particularly impressed with any of them.
Err, many of them are already well known, working actors...some with long bios.

Some of the younger ones might struggle, but the likes of Emilia Clarke and Sophie Turner shouldn’t want for work. Bran and Arya, on the other hand...!

Err, many of them are already well known, working actors...some with long bios.

Some of the younger ones might struggle, but the likes of Emilia Clarke and Sophie Turner shouldn’t want for work. Bran and Arya, on the other hand...!
Sorry I meant the younger ones, Lena Headey has like 80 credits on her IMDB. Richard Madden seems like he's done pretty well for himself since but he's the only one I can think off of the top of my head.

On a similar note: does anyone think any of these actors are going to have significant careers post GoT? Maybe I'm just projecting the shit writing onto them but I haven't been particularly impressed with any of them.
You would think Kit Harrington would have done ok and Rob Stark (not sure of the blokes name) but Harrington's hollywood escapades have largely fallen flat. Dark Phoenix is apparently terrible if you believe the leaks from production so Sophie Turner could be on thin ice to.

It may "make" a couple of them or at least help them kick on to a decent middling career but no signs so far of the tv star being carried over to film. Obviously there are a few who were already sorted in their career, Tywin Lannister for a quick example.

You would think Kit Harrington would have done ok and Rob Stark (not sure of the blokes name) but Harrington's hollywood escapades have largely fallen flat. Dark Phoenix is apparently terrible if you believe the leaks from production so Sophie Turner could be on thin ice to.

It may "make" a couple of them or at least help them kick on to a decent middling career but no signs so far of the tv star being carried over to film. Obviously there are a few who were already sorted in their career, Tywin Lannister for a quick example.

Turner was absolutely terrible in X-Men Apocalypse so I don't think she'll account to much more. Clarke put in a good performance in Me Before You, and I think she's talented enough. Kit Harrington has earned some decent dollar doing How to Train Your Dragon. The rest are just meh

@Barcon this tall one who you think looks like Harry Redknapp is a model .. Gwendoline Christie. She was in one of the Star Wars things as well. Loved Brienne of Tarth. One of my fave characters. Don’t know who big ears is ??

@Barcon this tall one who you think looks like Harry Redknapp is a model .. Gwendoline Christie. She was in one of the Star Wars things as well. Loved Brienne of Tarth. One of my fave characters. Don’t know who big ears is ??

Is she a hand model?

Big ears is the one that Arya tried to help when the dragon was going mental. She had a little girl with her and they both got turned to dust.

Had a good chat with @Paul Lake's Left Knee about this. They fucked off to do Star Wars basically. Mr Knee off the top of his noggin gave a good 10 series time line, with little excess i should add.Season 8 = white walkers, 9 = lanisters/kings landing, 10 = wind it up properly (probably only 5 eps needed though).

Apparently HBO would have been very happy to go this route but the writers now held all the power, well, enough to short change the end as they have.
They spent eighteen months on the final season. The production was absolutely massive and took more time to put together than any other season. I don’t think it’s a case of them just wanting to fuck off and do Star Wars.

I think they just panicked once they were way beyond the books. They lost their confidence to deliver compelling detail, so they skimmed over most of it to arrive at the big story beats and spectacles which they know they can do well.

Is she a hand model?

Big ears is the one that Arya tried to help when the dragon was going mental. She had a little girl with her and they both got turned to dust.

Not getting the Harry Redknapp vibe at all lol ;-)

Edit ah fuck it can’t post pics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.