There is no right or wrong way as long a you stay healthy and see the results you desire.......You just have to find what works for you.
I eat as soon as i wake and generally every 3 hrs thereafter.......along with a hard exercise routine,that works for me as i guarantee i'm i better condition than 99% of this forum.
*Awaits FI's fanclub to come on and blow smoke up his muscular arse*

Not had chance to read up on this thread but will later (and check out the magic pill on Netflix). My daughter is autistic and I often worry about her diet (which is a whole other battle...but I'm fairly sure healthy diets are of great importance).
I had a bastard start to last year but decided to ramp up the exercise (ran...joined gym) and healthy eating. Never felt better in my life (last year I was at my lowest).
She's started exercising now with a hope to come up a fairly heavy dose of sertraline.

I've been ketogenic for 12 months and will probably live this lifestyle for the rest of my life.

I have come out of ketosis a few times due to trips abroad and having beers etc, and end up feeling rubbish compared to when I'm in ketosis, and can't wait to get back in.

For me, ketosis is a fantastic place to be, when you can crack it.

My missus makes us both loads of really tasty keto meals. I've never eaten so well.

On top of feeling much better mentally and physically, I've lost 3 stone in the process.

That's how I'm feeling 2 weeks in. Haven't caved once, felt a bit like the flu 2-3 days in but I just had loads of water and plenty of salt in my food and went for a walk, and it wore off.

Unfortunately a few days ago I was making a keto dessert and used the wrong cocoa powder, poured in 60g of carbs in one sitting. I knew I'd fucked up cos my belly swelled up like a balloon immediately and I had bad guts.

What do you do for alcohol? How rare is it to find low carb ales in pubs? I only tend to have a beer at City but been invited for a pint next week, I don't really want to turn up and just have water lol.

Not sure if posted but this website is pretty good for all things keto. Dietdoctor.com.

Hi bud I'm around 11 months in to a keto diet and I often have a beer now I've reached my target weight, obviously I miss some of the benefits of being on a constant keto diet, like full keto energy.

I can recommend bud light, it's often sold in pubs, if not try a white spirit with diet coke, lemonade or soda water...anything as long as its diet.

Other than that just drink beer, it'll take around four days to lose that extra water weight you've gained...no big deal!

I do lazy keto now and I'm maintaining.

Good luck, don't make it to hard bud.
That's how I'm feeling 2 weeks in. Haven't caved once, felt a bit like the flu 2-3 days in but I just had loads of water and plenty of salt in my food and went for a walk, and it wore off.

Unfortunately a few days ago I was making a keto dessert and used the wrong cocoa powder, poured in 60g of carbs in one sitting. I knew I'd fucked up cos my belly swelled up like a balloon immediately and I had bad guts.

What do you do for alcohol? How rare is it to find low carb ales in pubs? I only tend to have a beer at City but been invited for a pint next week, I don't really want to turn up and just have water lol.

Haha at the dessert. Oooops. Yeah, the deflation of my belly from lack of carbs is a bit gob smacking too. I hardly fart now either, whereas when I was smashing in the carbs I was farting pretty much all the time. It seems to sort your gut biome right out, so no sugars for the bad bacteria to feed on.

With the alcohol, for the first 6 months or so, and still now, my go to drink is spiced rum and sugar free ginger beer. Sugar free drinks still have sweeteners in, but as far as I know, sweeteners don't knock me out of ketosis. They may raise my insulin levels for that day, but it's literally one day a week, if that, so personally I don't worry about it too much. I've also had a few glasses of wine and cava. In the last couple of months I've introduced beer back in because my body is now pretty much fat adapted, so 3 or 4 pints doesn't knock me out of ketosis (according to the piss strips I use sometimes to make sure I'm pissing ketones). This is only a weekend thing though. And if I do knock myself out of ketosis, I find that I can get back in to it very quickly from a bit of fasting, using MCT oil, drinking bullet proof coffee or having some exogenous ketones. I've never looked for low carb ales in the pub. I think they are pretty popular in the US though, and the US seem to be years ahead of UK when it comes to keto.

Good luck with it and I hope you stick with it. For the majority of people, it's worth it. It's all about being disciplined and adapting to a few changes, and plenty of research.

I drink vodka and soda with a bit of lime. As far as beers go, you have to research ahead of time.

Some "light" beers (blasphemy, I know) contain only 2-3 grams of carbs. If you plan your day you can maybe get away with one or two pints. I use the carb manager app to plan all my meals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.