Can you go on this diet and still drink beer or does that make it not worthwhile?

For the first few weeks/months, having beers on keto is pretty pointless. It's carbs, and in the first few months you're trying to teach your body to run on ketones from fat, not glucose from carbs. After a while when your body knows to use ketones, you can have a beer or 3. Everyone is different though, and it will depend on how disciplined you want to be and where your carb threshold level is for knocking you out of ketosis.

For the first few weeks/months, having beers on keto is pretty pointless. It's carbs, and in the first few months you're trying to teach your body to run on ketones from fat, not glucose from carbs. After a while when your body knows to use ketones, you can have a beer or 3. Everyone is different though, and it will depend on how disciplined you want to be and where your carb threshold level is for knocking you out of ketosis.

Thanks mate.

A lot of people have a dip in their performance until they become fat adapted, and then have a significant improvement. If you're on facebook, join 'The Ketogenic Athlete' group. There is plenty of exercise advice on there from every day people exercising on keto, to people running marathons and doing ironman etc. They will always bang on about having enough electrolytes for exercise and having plenty of salt, and exercising in a fasted state.

Thanks for that. I'd had scrambled eggs about an hour or so before training today. I warned up with some band-resisted stationary sprints and kettle bell swings. Hardly anything too strenuous, and I thought I was gonna throw my ring up.

All you Keto’ers just in case no ones told you- your breath stinks...sorry

Totally agree with this. Luckily I regularly brush my teeth, and use mouthwash. I also chew gum, but have decreased this due to the carb content, as long as you're oral hygiene is decent it's not bad.

Totally agree with this. Luckily I regularly brush my teeth, and use mouthwash. I also chew gum, but have decreased this due to the carb content, as long as you're oral hygiene is decent it's not bad.

I used to sit next to a girl at work who was on this and her breath was fire. No dissing, just facts. She had the dry mouth 24/7

Can you go on this diet and still drink beer or does that make it not worthwhile?
As said alcohol is not good on Keto -but for the want of sounding like a salesman I had Marstons Resolution Ale which is 3 carbs per bottle against say Stella at 20 carbs. Worked for me but in moderation.

As said alcohol is not good on Keto -but for the want of sounding like a salesman I had Marstons Resolution Ale which is 3 carbs per bottle against say Stella at 20 carbs. Worked for me but in moderation.

Is that a lager? And what does it taste like mate?

Its more of an ale=have it chilled and its ok -would struggle to have a major sesh on it-but that would probably defeat the object!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.